• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colts We Wish We Had

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faw3

69 Cal.
Reaction score
53cal 10 shot patterson,note flash shield in front of cyl that caused explosions. 1936 model :hatsoff:
00240004.jpg
Fred

Those were the "Patent Models" and probably never got fired. The shield came off before actual shooting guns left the factory. Chain fire problems aer usually a problem at the back of the cylinder with poor fitting caps.

The ones that I want are a Baby Paterson, and a brace of "1849" pockets...6 shot with 5" or 6" barrels.

You cant see it in small print but John Person who did most of Colts work from wood to a real gun made these the US Navy did buy at least one 10 shot 53 cal 14" and 4.4 lbs to test( Colt wanting mil contracts) that might of been one that blew up. I was in hospital all night AGAIN so a friend posted these for me, I had picked this out because of the why do you think some guns chain fire wll Colt found out a front shield wasnt a good idea and droped it fast! Fred

The 49s are great some 200 different kinds made, but why not a 62 police or Navy same size and 36 cal to boot! :) Fred :hatsoff: ( I havent cked but a page of 49s was to be on here.)

That's my wish:
A Nimschke engraved Colt '60 Army transition conversion Revolver cal.44 CF. Silver finish with 8”barrel.
32314x2.jpg

:hatsoff:

Unfortunatly it's not a colt that I wish someone would make. It's a Savage Navy .36. If you neeed a photo of it it is in the book "Echos of glory, Arms and Equipment of the Union". page 67

well, let me wish for a repro of the walsh 12 shot percussion revolver of civil war period; wiered looking gun but would probably be fun to play with!

My reason for putting these up was I never see any that have been tricked out, just the same old stuff, Im trying to cut down like the London Colts a 2 1/2"barreld 62 Police with the plain Navy cyl heck of a nice looking gun. Just ran these for someone to get a idea from. Fred :hatsoff: ( Oh I'll try and get the 49s up this week I like those best of all except they are a little weak, the 62s 36 cal will take 38 cal drop in cyl and are the same size as the 49 ?? Arent they?

Latest posts

Back