• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

January Postal Match Target

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you're doing a fantastic job Gary! I've had a great time with the targets you've picked..
I haven't posted pictures of all of them, but that's changing now that I have my Kibler Colonial.

Thanks Freedom! Looking forward to seeing your Colonial perform. I have had a Colonial kit sitting in my shop for a couple of months now waiting to find some time to start finishing it. Finally catching up on all my other activities and hope to start soon.

here is my target shot a few minutes ago out in the snow. Still wearing my FOLFOX chemotherapy pump, so wasn't at my best... but that's no excuse. Gun was a Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle shooting home-cast .530 patched round balls from a Lee mold. Patches were salvaged from an old linen dress shirt that mics out around .008". Used .50 grains of Pyrodex P. Oh, CCI #11 Magnum caps.

Edit: Discovered that I was supposed to shoot both targets. Left target was shot with Hornady .530 round balls later in the day. Everything else was the same. Scored both targets together as 50. Coulda been worse. ;)

Question: The target came in .pdf format so I assumed that you wanted it back as a .pdf document, but I see others have posted Jpegs, is .jpg the preferred image format or is .pdf what you want?

Attachments

• 26JAN23target.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
here is my target shot a few minutes ago out in the snow. Still wearing my FOLFOX chemotherapy pump, so wasn't at my best... but that's no excuse. Gun was a Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle shooting home-cast .530 patched round balls from a Lee mold. Patches were salvaged from an old linen dress shirt that mics out around .008". Used .50 grains of Pyrodex P. Oh, CCI #11 Magnum caps.

Scored target at 23. Shoulda shot a better target. Woulda shot a better target.... forty years ago. ;)

Question: The target came in .pdf format so I assumed that you wanted it back as a .pdf document, but I see others have posted Jpegs, is .jpg the preferred image format or is .pdf what you want?
Dale - either format is okay - whichever is easier for you! Thanks for posting and look forward to having you participate in the monthly matches!
Gary

Dale - either format is okay - whichever is easier for you! Thanks for posting and look forward to having you participate in the monthly matches!
Gary
Thanks. I have since discovered that I was supposed to shoot both targets. Took the print out again and shot the other target, then updated my post. My score of 50 looks much better now. Will be back next month....

Last edited:
Nice groups Dale! Glad to see a new face in our little shootin' match!

I hope to get out and shoot mine tomorrow, It will be my first trip to the range with my Kibler SMR so fingers crossed I can post a decent target but not holding my breath just yet!

Chris

Nice groups Dale! Glad to see a new face in our little shootin' match!

I hope to get out and shoot mine tomorrow, It will be my first trip to the range with my Kibler SMR so fingers crossed I can post a decent target but not holding my breath just yet!

Chris
Thanks. Thought that ol' Browning should get better groups, so I gave it a "physical". Discovered that my rear sight was loose and had moved a bit. Gonna do a little range time today and get it sighted in for February. Don't really expect to impress too many people here, but those fliers are a bit embarassing. Might just invest in a better sight... but those buckhorns look pretty good with that rusty finish.

Hope you have good weather at the range. It's about 18 degrees here this morning. I'll be loading at the kitchen table, capping and shooting from the back porch. Some day I hope to have a heated room with a shooting port.... but I guess that would be silly.

shot the pies today. broke my hickory RR 4 inches from the end and ran the spear end through my right pinky. thats my excuse for the lousy shooting on the left target!:oops: wife just shakes her head and mutters "old fool"
i used a 1/8 lubed felt wad over the powder. shrunk the group a lot from yesterday.
1674848618426.jpeg

Attachments

• 20230127_110810.jpg
    20230127_110810.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
shot the pies today. broke my hickory RR 4 inches from the end and ran the spear end through my right pinky. thats my excuse for the lousy shooting on the left target!:oops: wife just shakes her head and mutters "old fool"
i used a 1/8 lubed felt wad over the powder. shrunk the group a lot from yesterday.
View attachment 193617
Did that once on a primitive biathalon. Sliced my finger open and left a blood trail along the entire course.

View attachment 193617
That must have smarted a bit derrstalker! The RH target scored a 30X so your total is 54X

Hope your pinkie heals quickly and thanks for posting your target!

Gary

Garypl,
I just realized I didn't read the directions..... it would appear my flyer on the left is worth 5, so make that 86X!

Chris

Hey:
I see these targets, and I remember WHY I don't shoot competitively anymore. GREAT shootin' guys.
God bless:
Two Feathers
Well, next month, download the target as soon as it is posted, shoot it and post it. You will have the high score. Then never look at the thread again. In your mind's eye, you could be the all-time champion! ;)

Back