• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

January Postal Match Target

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas, are looking forward to a safe and happy new year, and that the weather is improving for everyone. It was awfully cold in Georgia these past few days - memories of living in Minnesota came flooding back to me!

Since January 23 is National Pie Day, I thought a pie target would be appropriate. I also wanted to make it a little larger so us older folks can see it better! This will be a 10 shot target - 5 shots at each apple pie - any shots over 5 in the same pie will not count. Score hits in the black bull according to scoring rings and any shots in the pie outside the bull score 5 points. Be sure to note your hits in the X ring. Print the target in B&W or color.

Hits must be 1/2 ball diameter inside the scoring ring to count. Best to lay the target flat and smooth out the ragged edges so we can clearly see the hits. I put a handy table at the bottom of the target where you can enter your information and pics of your rifle are always welcome! You can shoot the target as many times as you wish, but only post one target (ideally your best target) as only your first posted target will count.

Cost and prize money remain the same at $0.00 - have some fun with this and invite your buddy to go with you!

Happy New Year to all and I hope you have a peaceful year in 2023.

Gary

Attachments

• January 2023 Target.pdf
    51.5 KB · Views: 26
I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas, are looking forward to a safe and happy new year, and that the weather is improving for everyone. It was awfully cold in Georgia these past few days - memories of living in Minnesota came flooding back to me!

Since January 23 is National Pie Day, I thought a pie target would be appropriate. I also wanted to make it a little larger so us older folks can see it better! This will be a 10 shot target - 5 shots at each apple pie - any shots over 5 in the same pie will not count. Score hits in the black bull according to scoring rings and any shots in the pie outside the bull score 5 points. Be sure to note your hits in the X ring. Print the target in B&W or color.

Hits must be 1/2 ball diameter inside the scoring ring to count. Best to lay the target flat and smooth out the ragged edges so we can clearly see the hits. I put a handy table at the bottom of the target where you can enter your information and pics of your rifle are always welcome! You can shoot the target as many times as you wish, but only post one target (ideally your best target) as only your first posted target will count.

Cost and prize money remain the same at $0.00 - have some fun with this and invite your buddy to go with you!

Happy New Year to all and I hope you have a peaceful year in 2023.

Gary
Are we still shooting 25 yds?

Beautiful day here in south Texas.
Shot the January target today.

Attachments

• B5E451E0-AB76-4802-BBAA-D98D5E9922B4.jpeg
    B5E451E0-AB76-4802-BBAA-D98D5E9922B4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • B49EF244-B178-4984-8966-688C9D5EE508.jpeg
    B49EF244-B178-4984-8966-688C9D5EE508.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Ruger Old Army
30 grains FFF
.457 RB
# 10 CCI caps
Thought it might be very cold this a.m. So I loaded the 2 cylinders of my ROA's, but only took one gun. Capped them on the firing line. I found these #10 caps online. and bought one thousand. They work well on one of the cylinders, but I had to fire some of them twice on the other. Normally I buy #11's, but they have not been available here locally. I did find about 400 #11's last year at a local sporting goods store, but have gone through about half of them. First hammer fall most likely seated some of them before firing.

Hope to get out with a rifle later this month.

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Ruger Old Army
30 grains FFF
.457 RB
# 10 CCI caps
Thought it might be very cold this a.m. So I loaded the 2 cylinders of my ROA's, but only took one gun. Capped them on the firing line. I found these #10 caps online. and bought one thousand. They work well on one of the cylinders, but I had to fire some of them twice on the other. Normally I buy #11's, but they have not been available here locally. I did find about 400 #11's last year at a local sporting goods store, but have gone through about half of them. First hammer fall most likely seated some of them before firing.

Hope to get out with a rifle later this month.
btw,
Those below the target black marks were done with an el marko. My Old Army shoots high at 15 yards, and I have the sight cranked down as far as it will go. So it gave me an aiming point. If its not ok, just throw out my score.

btw,
Those below the target black marks were done with an el marko. My Old Army shoots high at 15 yards, and I have the sight cranked down as far as it will go. So it gave me an aiming point. If its not ok, just throw out my score.
I figured that was the case - I don’t have a problem with it:)

Back