• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

January Postal Match Target

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a break in the weather today between 2 storms and finally got a chance to get out and burn some powder. Temperature was pretty good for January.

Attachments

• 5194B8D8-4480-4A00-9466-66EE434EF975.jpeg
    5194B8D8-4480-4A00-9466-66EE434EF975.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Had a break in the weather today between 2 storms and finally got a chance to get out and burn some powder. Temperature was pretty good for January.
šŸ˜² Thats some good shootin'!

Looking at the weather here it looks like i've spent too many nice days working on my new Kibler when I should have been out on the range. I might make a go of it this afternoon if I have time after work but if not I'll be sure to not miss out next month!

Chris

Looks like 50s are back into the forecast for the comming weekend so I may get to shoot after all! my current rate of progress might even allow the new SMR to make an appearance.

Chris

Hi Dale,

These are monthly postal matches where a target is published on this forum every month. It is a fun match that doesn't cost anything and you don't win anything except bragging rights! You print out the target and shoot it as many times as you want at 25 yards offhand with your rifle or at 15 yards with a pistol. If you have a physical disability and cannot shoot standing up offhand you can shoot from a sitting position - just state so in your target report. I ask that you only post one target to this forum (hopefully your best target) and include a description of the equipment you used, powder charge, etc. along with a picture of your target and rifle.

I try to make it fun and we enjoy hearing about the equipment and loads that other shooters on this forum are using. Details for each monthly target are included in the post and I usually print these on the target.

Look at the past threads shown below and you can see what everyone is posting.

It's all about having a fun and friendly competition every month!

Gary

Hi Dale,

These are monthly postal matches where a target is published on this forum every month. It is a fun match that doesn't cost anything and you don't win anything except bragging rights! You print out the target and shoot it as many times as you want at 25 yards offhand with your rifle or at 15 yards with a pistol. If you have a physical disability and cannot shoot standing up offhand you can shoot from a sitting position - just state so in your target report. I ask that you only post one target to this forum (hopefully your best target) and include a description of the equipment you used, powder charge, etc. along with a picture of your target and rifle.

I try to make it fun and we enjoy hearing about the equipment and loads that other shooters on this forum are using. Details for each monthly target are included in the post and I usually print these on the target.

Look at the past threads shown below and you can see what everyone is posting.

It's all about having a fun and friendly competition every month!

Gary
Well, at 25 yards, I could maybe shoot a fairly impressive target... at least by my own standards. Next month I might see what I can do with some .530 PRB in my Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle. Don't really expect to impress anyone, but it should be fun, which, as you pointed out, is the whole idea.

Well, at 25 yards, I could maybe shoot a fairly impressive target... at least by my own standards. Next month I might see what I can do with some .530 PRB in my Jonathan Browning Mountain Rifle. Don't really expect to impress anyone, but it should be fun, which, as you pointed out, is the whole idea.
Yes please join the contests! It sure is a lot of fun! There's some real shooters here too, Some of the hard to see targets are most easily shot by simply holding center-mass of the paper... and hope for a good score. Hahaha

Yes please join the contests! It sure is a lot of fun! There's some real shooters here too, Some of the hard to see targets are most easily shot by simply holding center-mass of the paper... and hope for a good score. Hahaha
I'm trying to make the targets a little more friendly for those of us with bad/old eyes!

Back