• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colt Dragoon caps jamming

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi ! :wink:

Treso Ampco nipples were "the" solution !

No problem for shipping them to France.

They are just a bit to long. So I had to shorten them ... And consequently to reshape them !

Using a wireless drill as a mill ... it was an easy but long task ...

They are now still slightly too long ... just in case ... It's better to have something more to remove than to add !

So my Dragoon is now working perfectly without any cap jamming ...

Two days ago I performed 50 yards shooting with that gun without any trouble.

Thank you so much for that help ! :bow:

Philippe

Glad things worked out. I was a bit surprised at the problem, though. The 2nd Model Uberti Dragoon I got a couple years ago is a tank. Every time I clean it, it has flattened caps in the hammer well, and its never had a hiccup. If they get caught between the frame and the cylinder, it just runs right over them and chews them up. Just goes to show that each and every gun is different, with its own personality, even within the same model group. None of my other Colts are even close to that forgiving.

Usually they should fall away

This reminds me, when shooting my 1860 it just stopped striking the caps hard enough. Sure enough a cap fallen down in front of the hammer, and couldn't be seen until later. It was so smashed it nearly became part of the gun.

I have had much the same thing happen with my Cimarron Uberti '60'. it just hammered the cap till it were very hard to differentiate from the frame. peeling it outta there it runs like a champ now.... :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back