• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CO2 discharger recommendations?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking of putting a ball discharger on my Christmas list. Not that I would ever have a use for one. In 25 years of shooting muzzleloaders I've never dryballed and k?#--sorry, my nose was growng so long it was hitting the keyboard. ) Anyway, I would appreciate any recommendations of makes and models that work well with flintlocks.

I have the Genuine Innovations one, but I got lauged at for bringing it up in conversation. :( It works, but the cartridge life is short, get a bunch. It does work, but I have to take my lock off to get the thing to seat properly in the touch hole liner.

Best investment I made!!! Blow a charge out at the end of the day, blow a dry ball out, ect. I love it!!! Get the ones that use 12gram cartridges. I also use it every few shots at the range to keep the breech clear. The cartridges run out a little fast but they are cheap in the airgun section at wally. You will not regret it!!!

The only one I saw looked like it was made from a co2 inflator for inflating bicycle tires. Gas leakage isn't an issue since the whole cartridge is generally dumped into a tire.

I need to make an adaptor to fit my bike inflator to use as a discharger.

Clutch

Mine works just great on my percussion rifles.
Never had a problem....
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

They can be a real face saver!They are proven to lower my blood pressure on the occasional dryball,not that any of us ever do that.Wink,wink,knudge,knudge.Best regards,J.A.

Saf-T-Unloader
You will also need the proper adaptors.

Available almost everywhere. Cabelas, Possibles Shop and so on.

Latest posts

Back