Caps

Discussion in 'Percussion Rifles' started by musketman, Oct 27, 2003.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Oct 27, 2003 #1

musketman

musketman

musketman

Passed On

OK, here is my question for the day.

We all know that there are regular and magnum primers for cartridges and shells (pistol, rifle and shotgun)

Is there such a thing as a magnum percussion cap?

I use musket caps on my Zouave, do they just make standard caps, or are there "HOTTER" one out there?

I know you don't need much to set off black powder and standard caps work fine, I'm just wondering...

2. Oct 27, 2003 #2

weasel

weasel

weasel

40 Cal.

Musketman CCI makes a no 11 magnim cap I have found it to be subtantially hotter [for lack of a better term]i use them in my T/C Cherokee and Traditions Crockett
    weasel

3. Oct 27, 2003 #3

roundball

roundball

roundball

Cannon

I'm right there with the weasal-man...CCI #11's for years, then CCI #11 magnums since they introduced them...hot and 100% reliable

4. Oct 27, 2003 #4

weasel

weasel

weasel

40 Cal.

musketman thanks for all the posts you put on this forum alot of it is old stuff to some of us but you seem to come up with things weekly to think about I also appreciate your sense of humor
    weasel

5. Oct 28, 2003 #5

Zonie

Zonie

Zonie

Moderator Staff Member MLF Supporter

quote:musketman thanks for all the posts you put on this forum alot of it is old stuff to some of us I'll second that thanks, but ah's got some thoughts on the "old stuff".

'airs ah lot of new people a gettin on this h'ar forum a learnin more 'bout smoke poles un I'm a thinen 'taint "old" to them. 'ts good infermation ta pass along 'n it makes a shootin 'm old style guns an' a peepin thru the cloud o' smoke even more fun. [​IMG]