• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
OK, here is my question for the day.

We all know that there are regular and magnum primers for cartridges and shells (pistol, rifle and shotgun)

Is there such a thing as a magnum percussion cap?

I use musket caps on my Zouave, do they just make standard caps, or are there "HOTTER" one out there?

I know you don't need much to set off black powder and standard caps work fine, I'm just wondering...

Musketman CCI makes a no 11 magnim cap I have found it to be subtantially hotter [for lack of a better term]i use them in my T/C Cherokee and Traditions Crockett
weasel

I'm right there with the weasal-man...CCI #11's for years, then CCI #11 magnums since they introduced them...hot and 100% reliable

musketman thanks for all the posts you put on this forum alot of it is old stuff to some of us but you seem to come up with things weekly to think about I also appreciate your sense of humor
weasel

quote:musketman thanks for all the posts you put on this forum alot of it is old stuff to some of us I'll second that thanks, but ah's got some thoughts on the "old stuff".

'airs ah lot of new people a gettin on this h'ar forum a learnin more 'bout smoke poles un I'm a thinen 'taint "old" to them. 'ts good infermation ta pass along 'n it makes a shootin 'm old style guns an' a peepin thru the cloud o' smoke even more fun.
smile.gif

Back