• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli 209 Conversion Nipple

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tasbay

40 Cal
Reaction score
Picked up a Pedersoli 209 Conversion Nipple from a guy at work, who mistakenly bought it for his rifled Musket only to find it didn`t fit. I have fitted it to my Pedersoli Traditional Hawken, and it works fine. My issue is only the front edge of the hammer strikes the nipple plunger on firing. Is this likely to cause damage to the hammer cup (edge). Anyone else have one and any issues?.

Before anyone asks what was wrong with using #11 percussion caps, Nothing and I still have about 30 tins of those along with thousands of the plastic toy caps which I normally use on all my percussion guns. I also just happened to have 2 boxes (2000 primers) of 209 Shotgun sitting around that were not being used, I don`t load shotgun ammo.

Can't find percussion caps but have been thinking about an adapter that would take a large rifle primer, I have been looking for some kind of an adapter there's a heap of these 209s around

Not exactly what I was looking for but I do have about a thousand of these 209s that I didn't know what I was going to do with them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240216-111710~2.png
    Screenshot_20240216-111710~2.png
    276.5 KB · Views: 0
Picked up a Pedersoli 209 Conversion Nipple from a guy at work, who mistakenly bought it for his rifled Musket only to find it didn`t fit. I have fitted it to my Pedersoli Traditional Hawken, and it works fine. My issue is only the front edge of the hammer strikes the nipple plunger on firing. Is this likely to cause damage to the hammer cup (edge). Anyone else have one and any issues?.

Before anyone asks what was wrong with using #11 percussion caps, Nothing and I still have about 30 tins of those along with thousands of the plastic toy caps which I normally use on all my percussion guns. I also just happened to have 2 boxes (2000 primers) of 209 Shotgun sitting around that were not being used, I don`t load shotgun ammo.
30 tins? Look outside your window, there's about 3 dozen guys clambering on your lawn!:p

30 tins? Look outside your window, there's about 3 dozen guys clambering on your lawn!:p
Yeh I`m kind of protective about my percussion caps. Only use them for hunting, mostly at the range it`s the Plastic toy caps that get used but also use those hunting, depending on whether it`s small game- Goats or Deer.

Last edited:
Tasbay, could you please take a pic of the plastic toy caps and post it? I'm curious about those!
Thanks!
Lloyd
They are just the Red plastic toy ring caps for kids revolvers you get at 1$ shops or toy stores. I generally use the Taiwanese ones, but the Chinese ones also work. What I do is pick out the white paper insert from inside the cap and sprinkle in some black powder till the cap is about half full (just powder between your fingers).Compress lightly with a match stick. Give the caps a good spray with cheap hairspray and let dry.
Roll them onto the nipple from the side and don`t push down hard (that will set them off). I use them on my Zouave , CVA, Pedersoli, T/C all with #11 Nipples. I find the caps almost 100% effective and as good as CCI #11.

Latest posts

Back