• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Caps ... where ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin sandwich

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Where are y'all getting them ? #11 . Cant find em anywhere . Just starting out . Been to three walmarts and online .

The web is pretty world wide ..... i dont need $100 bucks worth . Little town in NC . Never heard of scheels .just sayin !

ill try grafs..... cant believe how man scams are out there today. havent shot in 20 years.cant find goex either. what happened.?

Some of the stuff people put in these threads about caps is aggravating. If they were so easy to find these threads wouldn't be so prevalent. For the folks that can find them, good for you, we're proud of you. For the rest of us places to find them on a steady basis are hard to come by and the web is full of scams or places that sub items out.

My most recent aggravation was calling a place to make sure they actually had the correct CCI musket caps. When the order came the pricks sent me those stupid reenactor caps. No more of my money for them.

#11 caps usually start appearing in the local gun shops where I live in the fall before deer season I just start checking all the local gun stores and Walmart, Dunhams etc. And Scheels like was previously posted an online vendor but if you order online only buy from a reputable store not some Willy Wonka website I bought 400 #11 caps a couple of weeks ago from a local gun store in Western NC where I live and I have found them in pawn shop's that deal with firearms they're not easy to find sometimes but they are available but you have to be willing to put in the extra effort searching for them sometimes and not just look in a couple of convenient places and give up depends on how bad you want them I personally have not run out of caps but I also don't wait until I need them to start looking for them

Last edited:
the correct CCI musket caps. When the order came the pricks sent me those stupid reenactor caps

Serious question here; what is a re-enactor cap? Whats the difference?

Got 3 tins at Grafs last month. RWS 1075 #11 for $38/tin of 250

Added 4 lbs powder to spread out the $23.50 hazmat fee, free shipping.

Yes, expensive, but as a new shooter like you and searching for weeks for caps, they began to look cheap, at least to lay in a start up supply.

They are also quite rare and overpriced over here. We pay 40 Euros (about 50 Dollars) for a tin of 250 here. Befoore Ukraine kicked off we could get them for 18 Euros a tin. I stocked up and bought 1500 while I could. I notice that some guys here say they make their own. I would be interested to see how they do it, and wether they use fulminate of mercury or some other substance. I have a kit for making 'reusable' caps which I bought just before I stumbled upon an armurier who had lots in stock. In due course I will be doing a review on this kit: the triggering explosive used is ground match heads.

Back