• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can't find black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McAdoos is a bar/restaurant in Boone, I haven't eaten in a McDonalds in years...

I had 2 daughters that went up to Boone, it's a great place to visit in the summer as it will be 10 degrees cooler than down here... :)

Couple months ago Hills in Raleigh was selling Black for $26 a pound. That's the closest your likely to get it near Roxboro. I travel from Henderson there to get mine, I just aint made a bulk buy yet. There are gun shops in town here that sell the sub, but I fire mostly flint, so I need the black for prime, I could get the sub for my percussion if I wanted it here local.

For some reason I saw Mc Donalds when I read that. Looks like I can re-arrange the budget and go ahead and order a lot of it. Sure I can find a place to stash it. Been putting the money in my "Fun Budget" towards a 35 Remington lever action. Kinda wishing I had put the money so far on a flintlock. Oh well. Next one :grin:

26 a can is getting steep. Was told again that Wal-Mart here would have it 2 weeks before hunting season but no idea what the price would be. If I buy bulk it is an excuse to spend all day on the pasture shooting.

I had to go to Raleigh today for a funeral so I went by Hills...They do have it and had the price listed on their counter, $27.50 a pound for Goex...They are at 1720 Capital Blvd...

Darn, I am just gonna have to break down and do a bulk buy, I cant afford to spend $27.50 for a pound of black with all these flintlocks! not to count the percussion guns!... :shake:

As I mentioned, the distributor is in Advance...How far are you from there??? I stop and pick up a few pounds when I have to go to Winston..

I am about 136 miles from Advance NC. What is the name of the place in Advance?

I went to their website, and it says that they are a wholesale , to dealers and gun clubs only. I attempted to call but got no answer, could either be my cell phone, or closed for the July 4th holiday.I filled out the website create an account page and that only gets you to center fire ammo, so that aint working for me either. I click on powder and I get bounced back to the log in page... I dont want to drive 136 miles one way and get turned away at the door saying I am not a gun club or dealer.

They won't turn you down, I've been there many times through the years...They'll need a valid NC Drivers License and you can't buy more than 50 pounds...I make the drive from Asheboro every year...

I suspect they are on vacation for the 4th, this is a small, family run business...

Thats way too far for me too. Was at the airport in Raleigh. Couldnt find Hils or much else. Had never been there before. Gave up looking for it around here. Cant even find Pyrodex.

Back