• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thoughts and input

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the store owner is sick of someone looking at it for over a year and not making up his mind. He probably doesn't want to waste any more of his time showing and talking about it yet again. Been there, done that.

I think the store owner is sick of someone looking at it for over a year and not making up his mind. He probably doesn't want to waste any more of his time showing and talking about it yet again. Been there, done that.
I’ve only been in there twice. Different guy both times. It isn’t my usual “go to place” I was just in the neighborhood going to Lowe’s and thought I’d stop by. Maybe I caught them at a bad time or he really didn’t want to part with it. He just gave me the grumpy stink eye. I was friendly and cordial like I always am. Either way, I was surprised to see it still sitting in same place collecting the same dust.

Anthony

I’ve been keeping an eye on this Underhammer at a local hole in the wall for about a year now. It’s a Hopkins and Allen in .45. Rifle is in decent condition minus a few spots here and there. Ol boy says the only person who has looked at it in several years has been me. He’s part mule, because he won’t come off the price. Which is completely fine. His shop, his rules. Anyway, he’s asking three bills for it. Not sure if it’s worth it. I snapped a few pics of he before he put it back on the wall where it had been for the last several years, dust and all.
So, what are your thoughts? Worth it or too much? Or stay away? I must say the stock and metal are in over all pretty decent shape.

Anthony

I always ask myself "how much is it worth to me, and will I find another one easily ?"
Someone else's opinion is irrelevant to me, its what and how I value the item that matters.

I’ve only been in there twice. Different guy both times. It isn’t my usual “go to place” I was just in the neighborhood going to Lowe’s and thought I’d stop by. Maybe I caught them at a bad time or he really didn’t want to part with it. He just gave me the grumpy stink eye. I was friendly and cordial like I always am. Either way, I was surprised to see it still sitting in same place collecting the same dust.

Anthony

The situation may be that you're just another one of the many guys, who wasted his time chatting about it and not following through.

I used to have an H&A pistol in 45. A person I met at a rendezvous had the same rifle as the one pictured, I mentioned I had the mate to his rifle and he wanted it in the worst way. I sold it to him for $225. I felt it was going to a perfect home.

Had I been there I would probably have shot it several times by now. It would probably be hanging over the fireplace in my living room.

Only thing I got for ya is, although they're labeled as 45's, some actually took a .433 roundball. Might want to check that aspect of it.

I believe you are right. I don’t feel that it is a bad price. I just was curious as to what everyone else thought. I’ve been wanting one for a while. I’ll probably end up getting in the next week or so. I just recently purchased another muzzy on here earlier in the week. But, two in the matter of days is ok? Right? I mean, I don’t have a problem right? 😂

Anthony
Last year I purchased two ML's in about a weeks time. That really lit the fuse on the ole gals broom. Thought for sure I was gonna have to find another place to live.

Last edited:
The post is from October. Nothing since. BUT ..this one's an early, baseline model with the tapered pin in the receiver. Mine were also labellled ,"45", but I shot .440 patched balls. Look also at the buttplate ,,,can't tell, but it appears to be the black plastic buttplate. The other thing to check is the nipple. If memory serves me correctly, at least one of mine used an odd nipple and the flash guard is a real good idea.

$300 , to me, would be top dollar for that one. The other weak point are wrist-cracking buttstocks (had two do that). Anyway ..reckon it's still there ?

The post is from October. Nothing since. BUT ..this one's an early, baseline model with the tapered pin in the receiver. Mine were also labellled ,"45", but I shot .440 patched balls. Look also at the buttplate ,,,can't tell, but it appears to be the black plastic buttplate. The other thing to check is the nipple. If memory serves me correctly, at least one of mine used an odd nipple and the flash guard is a real good idea.

$300 , to me, would be top dollar for that one. The other weak point are wrist-cracking buttstocks (had two do that). Anyway ..reckon it's still there ?
The next time I’m down that way I’ll swing in to see. I think I’m the only person to handle it in that time. I think that I had mentioned that I have been looking at it for over a year; by that, I meant that I was surprised to still see it there because I don’t make it on that end of town very often. I mainly liked it because if it’s uniqueness. That is the first and only one that I’ve ever seen in person.

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it..

Anthony

Latest posts

Back