• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

'Bout time!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're more than welcome to join in. Please do.
It's all for fun and braggin' rights.

We have or had several members with physical challenges. Confined to a wheelchair, bad arm, etc. who are not able to stand and shoot offhand. That is the reason for the rule wording. Everyone should be allowed to participate.
If you have a bad/missing arm you may use a prop rod to hold the rifle up. Such prop rod must be attached to your belt or body, not the ground.
Shooting from a seated position is allowed so long as your elbows or gun are not rested.

I hope this answers your question.
Hope to see you in the contest. :hatsoff:

You will see one from me in the next couple weeks.

Thank you for your clarification! Will be looking forward to it.

I'm a guessin' I have to do a couple practice rounds. :hmm: My Lorraine is rested. So I's got t' shoot her a bit to make sure I don't have her rested up a bit. :grin: :wink: "Em rules kin be cornfusin a bit now 'n' 'en. :slap: But we goina get em right an git dem 'er holepoked target pictures to y'all in fine time. :hatsoff:

Completed the 50 yd. target with smooth rifle today and am happy with the result. For once I didn't use painters' tape and just aimed for the center of the paper...much easier that way, and the outcome was good or better than the big, blue X'd targets.

Bin way too long. :wink: I made a day of it at two ranges yesterday afternoon. Stiff crosswinds made it a real adventure. :hmm: But twer a real fun four and a half hour day. Shot 20 shots, and four not all that pretty targets. But they're done. Had to switch out barrels and afix a sight. But it was better than doing anything else others might try a thinkin of. :doh: Those holey papers are in the mail, but probably won't go until Tuesday AM. Now I gotsta git myself packed up and preped for the Morgan County Rendezvous in SE Ohio, in early June (5-12). I gotta finish up some ball and shot bags and haversacks for the blanket. :grin: Been a while since I was at a voo (2009).:shocked2: Hope I kin amember how t' be a misbahavin well nuff t' be loud to stay til its over. :slap: Haint ne'er bin throwed outa nowheres. Bein a bit more matour auta help a wee bit. Besides, m' great friends help put me t' rest when I gits rambunkshus. :rotf: :rotf: Eeeeehaaaa!

Ain't gonna be tonight. Had relatives come to town and spent the evening with them instead of making that last run to check the P.O. box and scoring targets.
I'm gonna keep you in suspense until I get back from Friendship. :haha:

So let me get this straight. The March contest should have been posted in late February. However you didn't realize you were late until the end of April. So the March contest became the May contest. Results to be posted in June but by the time Friendship is over the results will probably not be posted until July. Hmmmm. That is close to 6 months!! So for planning purposes I should expect the June results somewhere in the Christmas time frame. I think I finally got it!!!!!:rotf: :surrender:

All kidding aside have fun in Friendship and as usual thanks for putting on the contest.

Well, I'm only going for the weekend. Leaving in an hour. Be Back Monday. :hatsoff:

OK, its 'bout time to post the results for the 'bout time contest...

In the smoothbore division...
Mad Irish Jack wins hands down (and un-contested) with a score of 12.214"

In the smooth-rifle division...
At least it was a contest but, Mad Irish Jack takes first again with a truly outstanding score of 6.175"
Maven takes 2nd place with 13.405" which I thought was a nice group until I saw Jacks. :shocked2:

Pete D. takes first place in the pistol division with a score of 12.110" Had that one flyer...
Mad Irish Jack takes 2nd with 15.240"
and George Walker takes 3rd with 17.332"

And, last but not least, the rifle-gun division...
George Walker takes 1st with a score of 10.795"
Mad Irish Jack 2nd with 11.044"
58 caliber 3rd with 16.046" (even tho he forgot to write what type firearm he used :slap: . at least he wrote "75 yards")
And Stormcloud scored a 11.281" with one miss.

Pretty good shootin' all around. Hope you guys had fun. Jack gets the award for having to clean the most guns. :hatsoff:

Jethro, It was a fun shoot; thanks for taking the time and energy to put these shoots together for us. Your effort is appreciated.

George

Thanks for the shooting contests. Always appreciate it but enjoy giving you a hard time as well... :rotf: Next time I will remember to put rifle on the target!! :doh:

Thanks again,

Dave

I don't mind cleaning my guns. That just means I had some goooood time and a bunch of fun! I thought my targets we ok, not bad; but I guess they were decent for the weather I had. I can't for the life of me, figure out why some of the 29K+ members can't find the time to shoot these little fun events. They belong to a site like this to learn and give info etc. I'm sorry they can't get themselves more involved.
Early in June, I did the Morgan County Rendezvous in Ohio with my good friend Mike Shubert. He's a fine tailor for those who might need some period duds made. His email is [email protected] . Tell him I sent you. The event is top rate and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It was very family oriented 10 day event with activities for all ages and interests. Cooking contest, shooting, throwing, archery, kids games, talent shows and lots more to occupy your imagination and time. :v

Back