• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bota bag/ wine skin

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't and actually wouldn't want to unless it's a high quality bota/ wine skin. However most of the water skin bags that would be period correct were actually made from animal stomachs. I just finished both this leather jackware and gourd canteen and they are absolutely wonderful.

nPsLdvo.jpg

I used to, but stopped because they were too hard to keep clean between uses. I liked how quiet they are because as you drink you squeeze the air out too so the liquid doesn't slosh around. But I never did figure out how to dry one enough to keep it from growing stuff inside between trips. These were pretty cheap examples though.

I used to fill my wooden canteen(s) with water for storing at home with about a teaspoon full of bleach. Never had a funky taste or victory garden growing inside after doing this. Just flush the old water out a couple times before using.

Rick

Mint mouthwash is what I keep in my gourd canteen. Pour some in and slosh it around. Kills germs and makes the water minty fresh!

Back