• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

borebrush puller idea pics.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can also embed the images in your post, which saves a lot of clicking to view them.

Click on the "image" icon
markup_image.gif
and enter the URL of the image.

DSCF5755e.jpg

DSCF5754e.jpg

DSCF5751e.jpg

Good for you. Next time get the bore brushes that have the wire going through a crosswise hole in the base and are then twisted. They don't pull off.

Roundball turned me onto the trick of pushing a copper tube longer than barrel-length and just under bore diameter down over the brush to collapse it and then just pull it out.

AFTER I had pulled a breech plug. D'oh!

Stumpkiller said:
Roundball turned me onto the trick of pushing a copper tube longer than barrel-length and just under bore diameter down over the brush to collapse it and then just pull it out.
Bahh ... waste of time (to me, respectfully). I just shot one out the other day, recovered it too! And then I continued shootin' that day ... took but seconds to dribble and pick some 3F in via the touchhole.

Good idea though! I would use it at 'home', if/when needed.

So many good ideas to remove the brush. Heck, I can't wait till it happens again. Thanks guys

Several good ideas to file away and hope I never have to use any of them...LOL. I have found that sometimes when a brush gets stuck, if I twist the rod and brush (righty-tighty) while pulling it out that the bristles fold back enough to let the brush pull out.

Kinda off topic but what model gravely is that? I have a 62 Li with 30" mower ,40" mower rotary plow and tiller Hey got to grow some veggies to go with the critters I shoot
Roy :v

Back