• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bobby Hoyt barrel work

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry Miles

40 Cal
Reaction score
I sent my J Browning Mtn Rifle 54cal barrel to Mr Hoyt on 8/12 and it came back bored out to 58cal on 9/2. The cost was $125 plus shipping to NC was $141. I sent him a check for $150 for his excellent work. My barrel shoots great, even though it's really not even broken in after a dozen or so shots. Very impressed with his trust in customers and his reasonably priced work. You pay him after you get your barrel back. A fine fellow to deal with, all around.

I sent my J Browning Mtn Rifle 54cal barrel to Mr Hoyt on 8/12 and it came back bored out to 58cal on 9/2. The cost was $125 plus shipping to NC was $141. I sent him a check for $150 for his excellent work. My barrel shoots great, even though it's really not even broken in after a dozen or so shots. Very impressed with his trust in customers and his reasonably priced work. You pay him after you get your barrel back. A fine fellow to deal with, all around.
I just got my barrel back from him and WOW! It was a 50 cal Dixie mountain rifle that I built when I was 17 years old. He bored it and inserted a 54 cal sleeve in it. My cost was $125 + $26 shipping. I couldn’t be happier with it. Not broken in yet and it shoots fantastic to me.

Attachments

• 20C6BAB7-EEAA-4964-B06C-65A2CC0A43F3.jpeg
    20C6BAB7-EEAA-4964-B06C-65A2CC0A43F3.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 52
I've used him and like him and as Henry Miles did I added a little extra to the bill. Hope he has a few apprentices he's training!

I sent a barrel to him last week. Sent it to his old address but fortunately he got it anyway. His address as is:
2379 Mt. Hope Road
Fairfield, PA. 17320-9759
Phone is (717) 642-6696
His old address still floats around on current posts but this is new one

Ehical, responsible, and trustworthy are the words that come to mind. He has done one barrel for me and I will soon send him another. He is one of a few people I can stick a signed personal check made out to him in the box with the amount left blank and not worry about it. So very few honorable people like him left in this world.

I've had several barrels rebored by him, great work, great price, my only regret is he doesn't live closer so I could watch some of the reboring being done

Ehical, responsible, and trustworthy are the words that come to mind. He has done one barrel for me and I will soon send him another. He is one of a few people I can stick a signed personal check made out to him in the box with the amount left blank and not worry about it. So very few honorable people like him left in this world.
That’s a fact!

Back