• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bobby Hoyt rebore results

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  • When is the best time of day to call Mr Hoyt?? I have been calling several times a day for a three days without success. I got a busy signal once. Now his answering machine is on with only a message to call back.

Last I heard was he was swamped with work. I got mine back in about 40 days, just a straight 50 to 54 rebore. Shoots very good and very happy with his work.

You can leave a message his machine will take a message I know his machine message is strange but I was able to leave one so just start talking after message

My first 50 yard results in my 54 New Englander today. 3 consecutive shots after adjusting elevation.

Attachments

• 20220606_105338.jpg
    20220606_105338.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 0
Since I am on the West coast, the time difference makes contacting him first thing in the morning is a problem.

I sent him a letter and self addressed stamped envelope. I included specific questions he could answer right on my letter and mail it back.

Must be a lot of barrel wreckers out there keeping Mr. Hoyt busy cleaning up their messes. Whoever wrecked the barrel of the .50 White Mountain Carbine he bored to .54 for me sure did a good job of screwing it up. We should all be thankful Bobby Hoyt is out there fixing the problems we often inherit from those irresponsible owners of good muzzleloaders.

Old thread...........

I sent my 32 barrel to BH to rebore to 36 cal. I gave very specific specifications. It did not go well. I sent it back and he made it into a 40 for free. That came out OK. I heard he was training a new employee. In the end BH made it right.

Old thread...........

I sent my 32 barrel to BH to rebore to 36 cal. I gave very specific specifications. It did not go well. I sent it back and he made it into a 40 for free. That came out OK. I heard he was training a new employee. In the end BH made it right.
I’ve had a few barrels done. Only one was not as ordered but I didn’t give him a chance to fix it. I just figured for the price he charges it wasn’t that big of a deal. Nobody is perfect

My Hoyt re-worked several barrels for me, all are superb shooters.

First five shots at 50 yards. Barrel is .54 caliber with rounded grooves and 1/66 twist:

Attachments

• DSC02548.JPG
    DSC02548.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
Old thread...........

I would expect no less. He’s old school honest.

Latest posts

Back