• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bobby Hoyt rebore results

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry Miles

40 Cal
Reaction score
I had BH bore my 54cal Browning MR to 58cal. It didn't turn out perfect, having some zigzag at the bottom of the bore in the last 4 inches. I called BH and talked to him about, explaining it shot good but you could feel the irregular rifling with the cleaning patches. He asked me to return it to him for evaluation and agreed there was a problem. He said he would make it right by boring it out and putting in a liner, no charge. I got the barrel back today and am even more impressed with Bobby. The liner has the best looking rifling I've ever seen in a barrel, looking at it with my $50 borescope! From the very first shot, after an initial wipe down, it shoots great with a .570PRB and .015 patch. I can even start the ball with my thumb and no patch damage, but I use an over powder wad and leather disc. I'm sure Bobby would not mind my report on his mishap, that he promptly fixed, working it in his busy schedule and getting it back to me in about 4 weeks. Be confident in using his services as he is honest and diligent by my experience.

My over-bore .54 received Mr. Hoyt's attention to become a wonderful .58. Now as soon as I get my newly acquired 50 removed from the stock (rough pitting in the bore) it can be sent to Mr. Hoyt to become a .54!

ADK Bigfoot
I recently spoke to Bobby and he said he is currently inundated with work. He said his turn over time is getting to be around 6 months or more.

Back