• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bobby Christian fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eli crowe

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone on here familiar with Bobby Christian or know how to contact him? I saw one of his 20 Guage American Fowlers that sold at Track of the Wolf. Really nice Fowler for the price. I think that gun may have been advertised on this site before it sold at TOTW. If anyone has his e-mail or website(If he has one) Please post. Thanks

plus it'll be cheaper than Track of the Wolf due to the commission they charge for selling your gun.

Yeah, I'm the one that bought that Bobby Christian American Fowler from TOTW. I paid $1149.00 for it. It is a beutifully built gun and I was very happy with it. I haven't shot it yet. I need to order some .60 balls.

Rebel, Thanks for the contact for Bobby. I talked to him last night, he is a real nice guy. I am thinking of ordering an American Fowler from him with a 36" barrel.He was telling me you had one of his in 36". Any chance of posting a picture and loading info? Anyone else out there that has one I would like to see pictures and hear your comments.Thanks.
Eli

I will see if i can get some pics to post. Mine was a 36" and shot really well with rd balls and shot. 70 grs of Goex 3f powder and a .575 rd ball or 70 grs of powder, 4 thin overshot card wads,
1 1/8 oz of #5 lead shot worked good for turkeys out to about 25-30 yds.
IM000779-1.jpg

IM000778-1.jpg

IM000777-1.jpg

Thanks Rebel, Very Nice. A couple of questions on yours, You use a .595 Ball,What thickness patch?
Does the bore measure true 20 Guage?
Also I noticed the Cheekpiece on yours. Any reason for the cheekpiece?,most Fowlers I have seen don't have a cheekpiece.You use only 4 overshot cards with no Fiber or Cushion Wads of any kind? Thanks again for the pics, I will be ordering one here pretty soon.
Eli

Actually i used a .575 not a .595 because Lee makes a .575 mould cheap and the only place to get a .595 is from Jeff Tanner in England. A .600 ball will work too, and Lee makes a .600 mould, but they are a tight fit and you need to use a real thin patch. I used the .575's with a thick denim patch. For shot loads i found it patterned better with the 4 thin overshot cards and no cushion wad. The bore was .615 on it. Ohh the cheekpiece, i didn't order it special, that was just the way Bobby made it. Worked good for me though.

I also have one of Bobby's fowlers. Nice handbuilt gun. Mine is full length without a cheekpiece. I use .600 balls in mine. I often load without a patch. Very reliable fast ignition.

Rod was kind enough to let me use that fowler turkey hunting last spring. Both myself and my daughter shot that smoothbore and I tell you, it was a sweet shooting gun... :grin:
Scott

Bobby had a new .62 American Fowler listed on another site.I called and talked to him about it today and I will have it next week. It is a 42" TVM Barrel and Siler Lock,He did this one with a nice patina look to the furniture, a nice looking smoothbore. This will be my first smoothbore so I will be probably be asking all of you a bunch of dumb questions. Rebel, Thanks again for the contact information for Bobby on my original post. I will post some pictures when I get it.
Eli

Latest posts

Back