• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bobby Christian fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eli crowe

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone on here familiar with Bobby Christian or know how to contact him? I saw one of his 20 Guage American Fowlers that sold at Track of the Wolf. Really nice Fowler for the price. I think that gun may have been advertised on this site before it sold at TOTW. If anyone has his e-mail or website(If he has one) Please post. Thanks

Yeah, I'm the one that bought that Bobby Christian American Fowler from TOTW. I paid $1149.00 for it. It is a beutifully built gun and I was very happy with it. I haven't shot it yet. I need to order some .60 balls.

Rebel, Thanks for the contact for Bobby. I talked to him last night, he is a real nice guy. I am thinking of ordering an American Fowler from him with a 36" barrel.He was telling me you had one of his in 36". Any chance of posting a picture and loading info? Anyone else out there that has one I would like to see pictures and hear your comments.Thanks.
Eli

I will see if i can get some pics to post. Mine was a 36" and shot really well with rd balls and shot. 70 grs of Goex 3f powder and a .575 rd ball or 70 grs of powder, 4 thin overshot card wads,
1 1/8 oz of #5 lead shot worked good for turkeys out to about 25-30 yds.
IM000779-1.jpg

IM000778-1.jpg

IM000777-1.jpg

Thanks Rebel, Very Nice. A couple of questions on yours, You use a .595 Ball,What thickness patch?
Does the bore measure true 20 Guage?
Also I noticed the Cheekpiece on yours. Any reason for the cheekpiece?,most Fowlers I have seen don't have a cheekpiece.You use only 4 overshot cards with no Fiber or Cushion Wads of any kind? Thanks again for the pics, I will be ordering one here pretty soon.
Eli

Actually i used a .575 not a .595 because Lee makes a .575 mould cheap and the only place to get a .595 is from Jeff Tanner in England. A .600 ball will work too, and Lee makes a .600 mould, but they are a tight fit and you need to use a real thin patch. I used the .575's with a thick denim patch. For shot loads i found it patterned better with the 4 thin overshot cards and no cushion wad. The bore was .615 on it. Ohh the cheekpiece, i didn't order it special, that was just the way Bobby made it. Worked good for me though.

I also have one of Bobby's fowlers. Nice handbuilt gun. Mine is full length without a cheekpiece. I use .600 balls in mine. I often load without a patch. Very reliable fast ignition.

Rod was kind enough to let me use that fowler turkey hunting last spring. Both myself and my daughter shot that smoothbore and I tell you, it was a sweet shooting gun... :grin:
Scott

Bobby had a new .62 American Fowler listed on another site.I called and talked to him about it today and I will have it next week. It is a 42" TVM Barrel and Siler Lock,He did this one with a nice patina look to the furniture, a nice looking smoothbore. This will be my first smoothbore so I will be probably be asking all of you a bunch of dumb questions. Rebel, Thanks again for the contact information for Bobby on my original post. I will post some pictures when I get it.
Eli

Back