• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wanted - parts Blount Co. Flintlock Tumbler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
components for muzzleloaders
Reaction score
Hello,
[PROBLEM FIXED— just looking for spare parts now!] I’m in need of a possible replacement tumbler for my “Blount Co.” lock. The lip of the notch for full-cock was ground too low so the sear will no longer catch. I’m debating about taking out the tumbler and attempting to file the notch deeper, but I’m not sure if the sear is long enough to catch even if I do that. BEFORE I attempt that, I’m seeing what my options are in case my “fixing” of the issue proves useless.

I tried contacting DGW and TOTW, but they both were unable to help. I’ve reached out to a handful of builders, but was quoted at prices nearly half of what I paid for the pistol. Again, I’m just seeing what my options are.
IMG_4096.jpeg
IMG_4097.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m sorry to hear about your plight! It’s frustrating when you’ve got these older locks that are no longer being cast and all the parts have dried up. I have an old “Becky” lock in which the frizzen cracked, and I had a heck of a time tracking one down. Best of luck to you! I’ll be on the look-out for one.

I’m sorry to hear about your plight! It’s frustrating when you’ve got these older locks that are no longer being cast and all the parts have dried up. I have an old “Becky” lock in which the frizzen cracked, and I had a heck of a time tracking one down. Best of luck to you! I’ll be on the look-out for one.
I appreciate it!

I will check mine in a few minutes
4 5/8 x 13/16 Mine has a finger like extension on the back end that yours doesn't have I wonder if someone who built your gun may have filed or ground it off and made yours more rounded If you search this site for a 32 cal rifle sold my tworoosters you can see what mine looks like I just typed in Blount county and it came up

4 5/8 x 13/16 Mine has a finger like extension on the back end that yours doesn't have I wonder if someone who built your gun may have filed or ground it off and made yours more rounded If you search this site for a 32 cal rifle sold my tworoosters you can see what mine looks like I just typed in Blount county and it came up
Looking at that end on my lock, it sure looks like an extension was filed off

Back