• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Pietta New Model Army Target Model W/2 Extra Cylinders and Slixsprings Cones

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am asking $350 for it and that includes shipping. I will take a check but the usual 10 day wait before ship As noted, two spare cylinders with the Slixspring Cones on all 3.

This gun is not for the faint of heart, it has some mods, one truly ugly and one worked a treat.

So, I have not found an accurate load for it and its a 2023 build. You may or may not and various tune and cylinder mods might make it accurate. Just so you know what you are getting. Probably 200 rounds through it. Its been taken down so the screws are freed up (boy you need a good screwdriver to break those loose)

The mods are I did an ugly job raising the front sight because it shot really high, I mean like 18 inches high. Cutting down the rear notch would not solve that. The front sight can be replaced, it would need to be glued or soldered back as its been trimmed on the side as well as a screw in the bottom (see picture)

The mod that is good is the Rammer is fixed so it does not mash up Ball or Conical. I think I did a nice job there.

Left grip has got some knocks on it. The old cones go with the gun as well as a couple of screws that will work with front sight if you elect to get a new one (which will slip into the notch from the front - original screw was damaged taking it out)

I am going a different direction - aka mostly Ruger Old Army and a 47 Colt Walker, this was my starter gun before I decided what I really wanted. I am keeping a 76 NMA.

More pictures if requested

Attachments

• IMG_0772.JPG
    IMG_0772.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0773.JPG
    IMG_0773.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Pietta NMA Target Front Sight Riase.JPG
    Pietta NMA Target Front Sight Riase.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 0
Happy to get feedback on if its considered a reasonable price for the package or not. Thoughts of getting a new front sight and then offering it up as correct OEM and sending the raised site.

The one thing I don't want to do is have someone upset thinking I got good accuracy out of it as I did not. Its more a fun gun than a serious target gun regardless of the Target Designation.

Back