• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black powder secrets revealed...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guncobbler

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This add by Google shows up in the bar to the right of the Forum pages.

Black powder secrets revealed...

"Who Else Wants This FREE Book That Reveals Everything You Need To Know About Shooting Black Powder!"

Has anyone requested this "free" pamphlet? Is it worth giving them your address for? Any junk mail sent to you after they send the pamphlet?

Thanks, GC

That's pretty good, but I think this one might hav it beat. Black Powder Tester It's for a black powder tester, which it is not. What it is is a sight smoker for competitive shooters, it'snothing more than a small carbide lamp that when loaded and sparked creates a smokey flame that you use to blacken yer sights. I allso use mine to blacken parts I'm inletting. It works great for that. If someone used it to test black powder they would end up with a Darwin award, cause they would be lighting up a B/P hand grenade. Bill

:thumbsup: If you want to gain some information about Black Powder try to get your hands on a movie by QUEST PRODUCTIONS called Black Powder Whitetails with Dave Ehrig. This is the best moive I have found about Side lock guns and how to load and shoot black powder guns. Except when he blows down the barrel after some shots. I do not think this is done anymore.

Sorry to say I still catch myself blowing down barrel from time to time. Been shooting BP sense 1972 was taught that way. Old habits are hard to break.

Back