• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bear Jawbone knife & sheath

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaBonte

Passed On
Reaction score
A bear jawbone knife as used by the various Bear Societies of several Northern Plains tribes. This one is patterened after those circa 1850's and has a Plains Cree/Red River Metis style sheath with all the bells (literally!) and whistles......
WildGoo-018-1.jpg

WildGoo-018-2.jpg

WildGoo-018-3.jpg

WildGoo-018-4.jpg

WildGoo-018-5.jpg

WildGoo-018-6.jpg

Absolutely beautiful. Thank's for posting the pictures I enjoyed looking at them.

Sooo... do you rent out your Time Machine or can I just borrow it for a season? Absolutley stunning workmanship! IS the dangle bone a vertabrae or some odd looking scapula? :hmm:

Steve

:bow: That is the most outstanding piece of workmanship I've seen in quite a while. Great detail work. You're a very talented man. I'm jealous. Thank you for sharing those photos. :thumbsup:

Thanks and glad ya'll enjoy seeing these as much as I like sharing and hopefully it inspires folks to push there own personal "envelope".........

IS the dangle bone a vertabrae or some odd looking scapula?
Steve that's the large flange from the jawbone where the upper and lower connect.....

I guess I will throw mine away..
Don't you dare! You do some VERY fine work, just different.....

I have a bear skull with lower jaw. I wonder if I could make one a quarter that well? I am going to try as soon as I get a blade that suits me. You sure do a wonderful job on the "decorations" and sheath.

Ronnie

Back