• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Old Hickory knife and sheath.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks: Two Feathers here:

Here’s one for all you Fur Trapper Persona guys? This is one that I DID NOT make.

The first $60.00 takes it! That includes s, h, & insurance to any of the 50 actual United States.

This is (as you can see) an old Hickory butcher knife. It was made in the USA by the Ontario knife co. You can see that as well.

I’m only listing this because I didn’t think the sheath got much interest, so rather than toss it in the trash, I figured I’d pair it up with a good serviceable collector/utilitarian knife and see if anyone would take ‘er home?

The knife was made in the 40’s I’m told, it has a 6” hammer forged butcher blade. I took it across my clay stone and it’ll still shave. The forging marks are (visible) in the blade. The handle (I assume) is Hickory? I really know nothing about Old Hickory.

The Mountain Man style sheath is made of 5-6 oz. Vegetable tanned tooling leather. The sheath is dyed Tan and oiled/waxed for years of hard use. It has been “X” stitched for a period correct LOOK! The sheath has my Logo stamp on the back, along with my signature, and date burned into it, ONLY because I made the sheath!

There is a second line of straight stitching for added strength alongside the 3” belt/sash slot. The welt is there to protect the stitches from the cutting edge. No self-respecting Fur trapper/trader would pass up this beauty. So if your Persona is a Fur trade era Trapper or Fur Trader, you need this knife! Show up at your next club shoot, Rendezvous or encampment with THIS tucked into your sash and folks will compliment your choice. It'll make a perfect camp knife for many chores.

I ship/sell to Canada, but all prices are in USD$ to the 50 United states. Shipping outside of the US is costly. Prices will vary accordingly.

I prefer PayPal; but I also accept postal and bank money orders. MO’s will add a minimum of 1 week for travel time. I ship same day as funds are received, the exceptions are Federal holidays, Sundays, PO hours, and severe weather.

If interested PM me here. As always, thanks for looking.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• Old Hickory trapper-butcher knife 001.JPG
    Old Hickory trapper-butcher knife 001.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 214
  • Old Hickory trapper-butcher knife 002.JPG
    Old Hickory trapper-butcher knife 002.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 230
  • Old Hickory trapper-butcher knife 003.JPG
    Old Hickory trapper-butcher knife 003.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 222
  • Old Hickory trapper-butcher knife 004.JPG
    Old Hickory trapper-butcher knife 004.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 210
  • Old Hickory trapper-butcher knife 005.JPG
    Old Hickory trapper-butcher knife 005.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 202
Howdy folks:
Here's a very nice knife and sheath for cheap. If you're just getting into reenacting,
this will get you there in style. While I use the term "cheap," there's nothing Cheap about this rig.
The knife is an old Hickory butcher knife from the Ontario knife company, and the Mountain Man style sheath is all handmade by me, from top quality leather for years of hard use.
This one will last a lifetime. Take 'er home now. Hunting season is right around the corner. This will look great tucked into your sash or on your belt in your BP hunting camp.
God bless:
Two Feathers

I will take it off your hands. I think i will have to see how the sheath hangs on my belt to decide on it but i definitely will be happy with the quality, and the knife. Sending you a pm now

Got it moments ago. Thank you Two Feathers! Love the knife. But REALLY love the sheath! Simple and easy to get the knife into and out of. Looks better in real life than in the pics.

Michiganmuzzy:
Thank you very much for this. Your time to post, and business are greatly appreciated.
I look forward to doing more business with you in the future.
I'm glad you like the rig.
Stay safe.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back