• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

1st Serious Bead Attempt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waksupi, where do you find your cotton wrapped polyester beading thread that will fit in a needle for size 12 beads? I looked at a number of beading web site and none of they say to use cotton wrapped polyester, but I would like to try some for myself.
I don't dispute your claim of nylon rotting out and maybe I was just lucky in the nylon spool of beading thread that I purchased but I have had no issue with it rotting out. The beadwork that I am talking about is on my leather outfit with severe use and is close to 45 years old. In fact, none of my beaded items have had any issue with rotting.

Last edited:
Waksupi, where do you find your cotton wrapped polyester beading thread that will fit in a needle for size 12 beads? I looked at a number of beading web site and none of they say to use cotton wrapped polyester, but I would like to try some for myself.
I don't dispute your claim of nylon rotting out and maybe I was just lucky in the nylon spool of beading thread that I purchased but I have had no issue with it rotting out. The beadwork that I am talking about is on my leather outfit with severe use and is close to 45 years old. In fact, none of my beaded items have had any issue with rotting.
You can buy it at any Walmart, Joanne's or similar.

Back