• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bad Luck With GB?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got back into traditional muzzleloading this year and bought 3 t/c ‘s from gunbroker since January . 2 were “NIB” from a large collection sold by the same individual and did appear brand new and work flawlessly. The 3rd was used and from what seemed a large well known colorado gun shop (checked them out on line) and also worked flawlessly and had only minor wear / stock dings as you would expect on a 30 year old rifle. I dont feel i was ripped off but they werent cheap either (you are bidding against others). Having said all that this was before joining this forum and from what i’ve seen “for sale” in my short time here i know I can do at least as well and often times better here with less worry about fraudulent sellers with any future purchases.

Many places on auction sites are drop ship. They run a virtual store backed by a distributors warehouse.
When you see a person has or a shop as 49,382 feedbacks. You have to ask how much did they actually sell?
Right now my feedback is at 708, household twice that much since 2004 on GunBroker.
I leave feedback for everyone. I do have a few guys that will actually text me but the item arrived exactly what they wanted.

I have had guys start asking a bunch of questions. Then I'll reply back to them with a question have you ever shot a Muzzleloader do you own one?
And they reply nope I haven't.

It is what it is

I've done 50+ purchases on GB, both bidding auctions and "buy now" purchases, and never had a bad experience due to the seller. The few purchases of mine that were less than satisfactory were 100% my fault. Yes, some people have experiences with bad sellers. Though I think that's way outside the norm. My main gripes now with GB are the mandatory state sales tax collection and also the new fees they're hitting buyers with.

Once you realize GB isn't an online retail store, and you learn to do your due diligence, and you have self-discipline and rules to keep you from make ill-advised bids and purchases, then I think GB is an OK platform for guns and gun-related items shopping.

Latest posts

Back