• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE REDUCED to $400 Beautiful "Antiqued" Engraved 1851 44 Pietta In Presentation Case

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fellas, I am selling some handguns in order to acquire some long guns.

Pardon the janky photography. My daughter went off to college with my Nikon, and I haven't seen it since.

A few years ago I acquired this item from a chap on Gunbroker with the handle "Saxmann2." He takes modern replica handguns like this, very cleverly antiques them to perfection, and sells them with these superb presentation cases that he makes. He puts about one a month on GB (there is one there now). Somehow he removes the lettering on both sides of the barrel, and applies his custom "Old West" relic finish. He states that he does not remove any finish from the bore, which is in fine condition. The grip was not "relicked." I recall that he said he took the original 7" barrel, cut it down to 5", and crowned the muzzle (making it like the Sheriff's model as he stated). He did smooth out the internals, leaving the action a bit too hair-triggery for my taste.

The case is velvet or velour lined and is truly gorgeous. The items in the case go with the gun which is dated 2021. There are no caps in the little tin. Full disclosure: if you thumb the hammer back quickly to get half-cock, sometimes it goes right PAST half-cock, gives a click and settles into a status where the hammer LOOKS to be in half-cock, but cylinder does not rotate. Bringing the hammer back slowly does the trick. Full cock is no problem. Probably an easy fix (??). $500 plus shipping. Check or money order. Questions welcome, cheers. Mica

Attachments

• 20240311_160715.jpg
    20240311_160715.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240311_155750_resized (1).jpg
    20240311_155750_resized (1).jpg
    177 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240311_155549_resized.jpg
    20240311_155549_resized.jpg
    606.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image1 (2).jpeg
    image1 (2).jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 0
  • image0 (3).jpeg
    image0 (3).jpeg
    15.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240311_181233_resized.jpg
    20240311_181233_resized.jpg
    679.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240311_164902.jpg
    20240311_164902.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240311_171207_resized.jpg
    20240311_171207_resized.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240311_155841_resized.jpg
    20240311_155841_resized.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 0
Fellas, I am selling some handguns in order to acquire some long guns.

Pardon the janky photography. My daughter went off to college with my Nikon, and I haven't seen it since.

A few years ago I acquired this item from a chap on Gunbroker with the handle "Saxmann2." He takes modern replica handguns like this, very cleverly antiques them to perfection, and sells them with these superb presentation cases that he makes. He puts about one a month on GB (there is one there now). Somehow he removes the lettering on both sides of the barrel, and applies his custom "Old West" relic finish. He states that he does not remove any finish from the bore, which is in fine condition. The grip was not "relicked." I recall that he said he took the original 7" barrel, cut it down to 5", and crowned the muzzle (making it like the Sheriff's model as he stated). He did smooth out the internals, leaving the action a bit too hair-triggery for my taste.

The case is velvet or velour lined and is truly gorgeous. The items in the case go with the gun which is dated 2021. There are no caps in the little tin. Full disclosure: if you thumb the hammer back quickly to get half-cock, sometimes it goes right PAST half-cock, gives a click and settles into a status where the hammer LOOKS to be in half-cock, but cylinder does not rotate. Bringing the hammer back slowly does the trick. Full cock is no problem. Probably an easy fix (??). $500 plus shipping. Check or money order. Questions welcome, cheers. Mic

Latest posts

Back