• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bad Traders?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It probably isn’t a good idea to bad mouth an online seller like this on a forum. No one wishes to be sued for libel.
So don’t misread what this is about, with a ton of complaints about Fat Thumbs El Cheapo Garbage and ML supply company
No this is about all the good traders.
There are so many on the ‘Good Traders’ thread.
I just have to say at least the last decade I’ve not had a bad experience with Samsons, Townsend’s, Log Cabin, Crazy Crow, Pecotonic, Track of the wolf, October Country, Hot Dipped Tin,Backwoods Tin and Copper, One Blanket Traders, Turkey Foot Traders, Fugawee Shoes, Loyalists Arms, Sitting Fox, I’m sure others I can’t think of.
I think we are pretty lucky with the folks
we do business with.

Last edited:
I have been buying ML and various items by mail for over 40 years. 98+% of good vendors and it's always good to know who the good ones are. It's also good to know ones who are less ethical or are downright cheats.

It probably isn’t a good idea to bad mouth an online seller like this on a forum. No one wishes to be sued for libel.
So don’t misread what this is about, with a ton of complaints about Fat Thumbs El Cheapo Garbage and ML supply company
No this is about all the good traders.
There are so many on the ‘Good Traders’ thread.
I just have to say at least the last decade I’ve not had a bad experience with Samsons, Townsend’s, Log Cabin, Crazy Crow, Pecotonic, Track of the wolf, October Country, Hot Dipped Tin,Backwoods Tin and Copper, One Blanket Traders, Turkey Foot Traders, Fugawee Shoes, Loyalists Arms, Sitting Fox, I’m sure others I can’t think of.
I think we are pretty lucky with the folds we do business with.
Add Dixie Gun Works, The Possibles Shop, Deer Creek, The Lucky Bag, and The Gun Works Emporium to your list. Oh and Muzzleloader Builders Supply too.

edit- almost forgot Powderhorns and More.

I usually read reviews online if doing business with an entity I’ve not previously ordered from. Some folks complain about the silliest thin while others have legitimate complaints. If the majority of comments are good then you get an idea. I often look at the middle of the road comments or negative ones. They often give a truer picture. I’ve done business with a number of the venders named above and have had good dealings with them.

I guess i will have no more issues with any specialty vendors ever again. Prices are so ridiculous that, like many, i've stopped buying non essentials altogether.

Latest posts

Back