• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Artillery "priming" tubes youtube.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

As part of the build up across all platforms of social media for my new reenacting group our newest endeavor is a YouTube channel. We'll use it to go more in depth on sharing events, reenactments, drilling videos, hopefully some live fire as well and projects we are working on than we can get into on Instagram or Facebook. Always some apprehension when posting things publicly, comments and other things can quickly derail good conversation. The intent of our stuff isn't to be taken as gospel, but hopefully promoting living history, black powder and 18th century artillery in a creative, interesting, historical accurate, relevant and safe manner!

For our first video I took the NPS 18th Century manuals method of making some priming tubes for artillery and expanded it into a quick history primer and a step by step guide, there are other channels online that have some of this stuff already, nothing crazy just trying to share our fun hobby with a wider audience. I figured there may be some folks here interested to see. While I don't see us getting the following that @B P Maniac Shooter has on YT hopefully we'll get a small crowd!

I can make one additional recommendation if you use a linstock to fire the cannon.....Mix a little modern smokeless powder with the black powder glued to the circular flange at the top of the priming tube. It will ignite MUCH more easily from the smoldering end of the linstock cord.

I can make one additional recommendation if you use a linstock to fire the cannon.....Mix a little modern smokeless powder with the black powder glued to the circular flange at the top of the priming tube. It will ignite MUCH more easily from the smoldering end of the linstock cord.

Good tip.

Fireworks suppliers has a fast (3'/sec?) Fuse that is woven powder. You MUST use a Linstock! It works excellent, always igniting and once lit there is no delay. When doing an event for many firings with multiple cannons it's so much easier than making primers and essentially is the same thing.

Fireworks suppliers has a fast (3'/sec?) Fuse that is woven powder. You MUST use a Linstock! It works excellent, always igniting and once lit there is no delay. When doing an event for many firings with multiple cannons it's so much easier than making primers and essentially is the same thing.

Thanks!

Yes, that is something we are certainly considering. A friend of mine who has a unit that often fields with two cannons and sometimes three they use a super fast fuse like you mentioned.

I'm thinking for battle scenarios where the public isn't that close going with this kind of fusing, and for a more deliberate cannon demonstration where the public is somewhat closer having on hand some of the handmade primers.

Hello all,

As part of the build up across all platforms of social media for my new reenacting group our newest endeavor is a YouTube channel. We'll use it to go more in depth on sharing events, reenactments, drilling videos, hopefully some live fire as well and projects we are working on than we can get into on Instagram or Facebook. Always some apprehension when posting things publicly, comments and other things can quickly derail good conversation. The intent of our stuff isn't to be taken as gospel, but hopefully promoting living history, black powder and 18th century artillery in a creative, interesting, historical accurate, relevant and safe manner!

For our first video I took the NPS 18th Century manuals method of making some priming tubes for artillery and expanded it into a quick history primer and a step by step guide, there are other channels online that have some of this stuff already, nothing crazy just trying to share our fun hobby with a wider audience. I figured there may be some folks here interested to see. While I don't see us getting the following that @B P Maniac Shooter has on YT hopefully we'll get a small crowd!

Morena from NZ.
Tatou ( thanks) for sharing that great information 👍
Ata Marie
Have a fantastic day 😀

Oh, that's you? This is me, we've chatted by email about Knox's. 20230529_105650~2.jpg

Latest posts

Back