• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Civil War live fire event

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave951

62 Cal.
Reaction score
The history of the War Between the States is fascinating. Doing Living History is one way to gain insight into the times, as is reenacting. Back when I was reenacting, I realized that both activities miss out on one really big part: I’m referring to what it’s like to be actually shooting the guns with live ammunition. How many times as a reenactor have YOU ever wondered about the guns and exactly what they were capable of?

If you enjoy shooting modern guns, either for hunting or competition or recreation and have always wanted to do the same with your reenactment guns, then we would like to offer you an opportunity.

We are members of the North-South Skirmish Association (N-SSA) and we regularly compete with our Civil War guns: Muskets, carbines, smoothbores, revolvers, repeaters, mortars and yes, even cannons. All with live ammunition. Go check out this video on Youtube to see exactly what we do:

If that looks like fun to you, then read on!

The Palmetto Sharpshooters of the North-South Skirmish Association is going to host a live fire event and it’s by invite only, just for reenactors. We’ll be live firing muskets, carbines, and other small arms with live ammunition. The one day event is at a private range in Catawba, just south of Rock Hill, SC. The morning will be spent shooting and we’ll break for a lunch that will consist of some of the most tasty tube steaks to fall off the mess wagon. No tough, stringy mule meat or Army bread here! After that, back to the guns to send more lead downrange.

This is an invitation for those of your reenacting unit who are interested in the arms to get some real “trigger time” with live ammunition. Range space is limited so we need an RSVP if you’re coming. Date is Saturday March 18th. Please reply to this thread to get in on some of the most fun you can have with a musket! Event details will be sent once we receive your RSVP.

Back