• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Are you going to shoot??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mattel "greenie stick-em caps" i had as a kid worked well. They would stick on nipple (or in/on the hammer
1615564243322.png
)
1615564177574.png

1615564243322.png

I'm not too much in organized shooting events. I can't hit anything. The only thing that will slow me down is the weather. I plan on burning lots of powder, losing a lot of lead and shooting along with video work 2-3 times a week till gets too cold to get out.

View attachment 68467
you sir are a NATURAL TREASURE! where were you for so many years? you bring things that most of us have allways thought about, but never done! now with toy having fun doing it we know the out come. thank you, as you know we want you to keep EM comming!

For those of you that shoot at public ranges- COVER your license plates! Criminals may find your address and break in. Report any suspicious persons “hanging around “. This happened to a friend.
I had a friend who covered hi plate, at our range. we thought that he was parodied, but we had a lot of police officer's, that shot there and he said that they could take your # down and do a check on weather, you have gun's and / and how many guns that you own, maby he had a point. what they don't know is your business? who knowes?

There's a lot to be said for a low profile. I thought that you had to have a law enforcement connection to trace someone's name or address from their plates. Maybe get a non-shooting friend to drive you to the range & then pick you up, if you are worried about someone recording your plate..

Pro gun bumper stickers, political stickers, and hunting stickers are all dead giveaways you have firearms.

Guys I hate to burst your bubble, but think about this if you live in a location long enough every neighbor knows you have guns ( I share my harvest with my neighbors so they know I hunt) you know those things in the cases you carry to your vehicle, I shoot on a private club range, there are also a lot of police that shoot there (most are friends) they know who you are and probably what you have. My local gun shop is owned bye a retired police officer, his employees are mostly retired police officers I guarantee you they know what you shoot. Here is the one no one mentioned talking to like minded shooters most are friends, some fellow club members I see at the range, but who do they talk too. Paranoia is a bad thing, caution is just the opposite, I do not advertise with bumper stickers and catchy phrases on t-shirts that sort of thing, but will not live in fear, yes home security systems, gun safes, locked gun rooms a big dog are all great deterrents but in the long run if someone wants your fixins they are going to try and get them, just hope your home with the welcome wagon on your hip.

I will be shooting. I don’t do many organized shoots and my recreational shooting is limited to one or two outings a month. I have about ten pounds of powder and substitutes and a little over 1000 caps. Supplies are still available around here if you’re willing scrounge and prices are only slightly inflated. I think I’m okay for a while.

I'll be shooting as well, even if they come along and tell me I can't exercise my God given right to do so and own the means to do so. The only thing that will change at that point, is the targets.

And as far as those of you that want to "keep it on the down low"? That is a hefty part of the problem. If everyone would just speak up and challenge the BS a lot of it would go away. Don't be escared, and hide, that is what the left wants. ;)

You just missed them in stores by 65 years. Saw a small box for sale on net for only $45 plus hazmat.
and I was 11+yrs old. I could have played with them in my CAP GUN. back in the day they would have probole cost, 65 cents?

Re.

Already thought of that -

View attachment 68765
now I like that gun, with a cannon muzzle. is it an INDIAN made gun? it look's simular to one that I have? you should rely think about getting that powder horn off of your belly, an aren't spark is all that it takes? what caliber is it? mine is 75, CAL, smooth, and has a trigger, not the tiller. I like mine and shoot it often.

When I was in college, a friend had a poster on his door that read, “Just because you are paranoid doesn’t mean they are not out to get you.”

A little paranoia may reap certain rewards? One wonders if posting pics or discussing your "supplies" (real or not) gets you noticed/flagged?

I'm going to shoot the guns, and supplies, I have and not be paranoid.

I'll keep a watchful eye for replacement supplies as I go, but I'm not going to pay the exorbitant prices I'm seeing on gunbroker, or at some of the local estate auctions.

Back