• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

anyone make a peep/ghost ring to fit your flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Johnson Peep site on my .54

It has a tapered octagon/Rnd barrel so I had to put a taller front sight to make things line up, but I like it!

Lowell Haarer has used some. They're on a couple of the guns pictured in the feature article about him in the July/August Muzzleloader Magazine issue.

Rifleman1776 said:
Davemuzz said:
Yes. Seem's you could just take a flat piece of brass (thickness of your preference) bend it to "fit" the tang, and place your peep hole where you believe it should be.

Yep. And, I've got some laying around I bought from a knife maker who went out of business.

Well, I tried it. :doh: Brass was too thin and drill bit improperly sharpened. Chewed up and tore up is best description. :( Back to drawing board.

Here's the one from Lowell Haarer

Attachments

• DSC02922.JPG
    DSC02922.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 114
I made the brass one for a friends rifle the iron one is there for scale. The brass one was mounted just ahead of the tang.

sight.jpg
Sight2.jpg

Has anyone made a peep/ghostring sight that looks good/correct on a flintlock ? a sort of dyi type?
I found one in the Track of the Wolf catalog that worked on my DGW southern squirrel rifle. It looks like a std. sight but instead of a notch it has a hole. I don't have the catalog anymore, but it wasn't hard to find.

I found one in the Track of the Wolf catalog

If you look above it shows the TOW sight your talking about.

Putting an aperture mid barrel is pointless. It will slow you down and not improve accuracy at all.

Putting it close to you eye is an amazing improvement. In use, you do not align it, just look through it. Only focus on the front sight and target.

The easiest ones to make replace the tang bolt. Attach a disk with a small hole in the middle on a piece of all thread. Adjust it up and down by screwing it in and out. Lock it in place with a nut.

Back