• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone going to the CLA show?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say that one highlight of the show was that I really enjoyed meeting Larry Pletcher. He is as much fun in person as he has been over the internet over the years.

CS

kentucky bucky said:
This still seems counter-productive.....or maybe even self-destructive. If they want to grow the association and the industy, they need to be as customer/member friendly as possible. This would mean that if a person had a family emergency or illness and had to miss one year, he would be punished unless he just sits out another year??? :doh:
I agree!

I really enjoyed the CLA show. However after reading through the stuff they gave us I found that next year it will cost me $50 to get in instead of the $20 it cost me this year. Who ever is running this outfit should be fired! Seems they are doing everything they can to give people a reason to not return.

In talking to the venders they all seemed to think they had a good turn out this year and were moving things. I do think if they would rethink the cost of getting in, they would get more people through the door and the venders would do more business.

We were there on Friday and did not return on Saturday (out of money). Went to the Blue Licks battle reenactment on Saturday.

I guess they want to get to the point where there are only vendors selling to other vendors. Guys like me have only a certain amount to spend on hobby materials, and if it's going to cost me $100.00 plus gas just to get in the door, I'll go someplace where I can get more for my money. I don't think I'm alone in this assessment.

kentucky bucky said:
I guess they want to get to the point where there are only vendors selling to other vendors. Guys like me have only a certain amount to spend on hobby materials, and if it's going to cost me $100.00 plus gas just to get in the door, I'll go someplace where I can get more for my money. I don't think I'm alone in this assessment.

No you are not, and I plan to mail them this post later on to make my point. They have a problem and they need to fix it. I had a good time at the show and would like to return, but the entry fee is going to be too high for me at $50 next year. Most will agree $20 is still pretty high, but to make everyone join and pay back dues in some cases just does not seem right.

Rat Trapper said:
kentucky bucky said:

No you are not, and I plan to mail them this post later on to make my point. They have a problem and they need to fix it. I had a good time at the show and would like to return, but the entry fee is going to be too high for me at $50 next year. Most will agree $20 is still pretty high, but to make everyone join and pay back dues in some cases just does not seem right.

I wish you luck, but I'm thinking that the folks in charge just don't care because I'm sure they have heard it before. They only ones they would listen to, in my opinion, are the main vendors and artists themselves. Me and my buddies are really going to miss going every year, but it seems by their actions that like guys like us are simply not wanted.

I went the CLA show and really enjoyed it. My guess is that they do care, but a hobby in decline along with an aging membership is causing them to look for new sources of revenue.

Will I cough up the $50 for an annual membership? Don't know yet- will see if I get any of their publications whether or not its all worth it. It may may be either that or the NMLRA fee that I will forego next year. I haven't been particularly pleased with that org either, but will reserve comment on that for a later time.

stormcrow said:
I went the CLA show and really enjoyed it. My guess is that they do care, but a hobby in decline along with an aging membership is causing them to look for new sources of revenue.

Will I cough up the $50 for an annual membership? Don't know yet- will see if I get any of their publications whether or not its all worth it. It may may be either that or the NMLRA fee that I will forego next year. I haven't been particularly pleased with that org either, but will reserve comment on that for a later time.

They sure have a funny way of stopping the decline and building future revenue.

Back