• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD - Pending funds New old stock Pedersoli Kodiak double rifle, .58 caliber, unfired

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As the title says, this is a brand new Pedersoli Kodiak Mark III double rifle, caliber .58. The 28-inch barrels are rifled with a 1:48 twist to stabilize both round ball and conical. The date code BL indicates this was made in 2011. At that time, Pedersoli still used the double rear sight system. With the Kodiaks I have had in the past, I usually worked with just one sight and got satisfying results. There is a lot of weight in those barrels, which makes this rifle both smooth-swinging and soft of recoil. Shooting patched round balls over 120 grains of FFg is easily managed. Each of the Kodiaks then and now tend to be laws unto themselves as far as regulation. I have had three -- two in .58 and one in .72 -- and had good luck with each getting fist-sized right and left groups at 75 yards or so. Loaded to the gills with heavy conicals, the Kodiaks have been used successfully in Africa., and of course on all the critters in North America.
If you have no experience with double rifles, I highly recommend finding copies of Sir Samuel Baker's "Wild Beasts and Their Ways" (1890) for his wide experience with muzzleloading doubles rifles agains almost all the major game animals on earth in the Victorian era, and any of the editions of Graeme Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle," which explains how these unique firearms are designed to work.
I am asking what I have in it -- $1375 shipped insured -- and will include a box of TC Maxiballs, a sample of LEE REAL bullets, a box of Hornady .570 round balls and a fiberglass rod from Track that is designed to replace the wood one that comes with the Kodiak. I will also include load notes I kept from the last Kodiak I shot some years ago. Not looking for trades, thanks. The money pit house remodel is soaking up many of my toys, and it kills me to let this go after I looked so long for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back