• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone else shoot Flintlock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While in High School and College, I'd shoot at a range adjacent to Delasware State Park. There was an elderly gent there who always brought out ana armload of flint rifles. They were all works of art & I thought he was a rifle builder testing a batch of new rifles before sending them to buyers. Upon closer look, it was obvious that they were all originals of the finest quality.
I was invited to fire several, and within about 6 months had fired several dozen flint rifles, never the same one twice. His collection was massive.
It wasn't until several decades layer that I got my first flint rifle, having already accumulated several percussion rifles.
Wonder who the heck he was, and whatever happened to his collection? Was that the Park in the northern part of the state, around "Brandywine" area?

99% of my hunting is with a flintlock rifle and a flintlock musket. I have an entire collection from .36 cal. to .75 cal. I shoot all of them, however I only deer hunt with one rifle, my .50 cal. and small game hunt with my .36 cal. I have a 50 yard range on my property. I can shoot whenever I want. Semper Fi.

My four pistol builds. I need to shoot them more often...

Attachments

• Four Pistols c.jpg
    Four Pistols c.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Four Pistols aa.jpg
    Four Pistols aa.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
I'm unfamiliar with the rifle , or musket , you have. Does it use slugs , patch round ball ,what.? Lotsa different guns out there. Help us. Pics ??
I only use patch and round ball. Here are some pi's of my favorite guns. Semper Fi.

This one is my go-to deer rifle. I built this when I was 16yo. I've had to replace the lock and barrel over the years, but she's a tack driver. I'm now 67.
1776-9.jpg

This is my favorite musket. It's .75 cal. and has a 60" barrel. Built by Jacky Brown.
60 inch Musket.png

Here's my India Made Musket. .69 cal. 1717 French Military Musket. Not as accurate as my Butt Club Musket, But reliable and rugged.
IMG_5019.JPG

My .45 cal. Walnut Kibler. It's not as accurate as my go-to rifle, but half the weight. Finished by me.
DSCN0744.JPG

My .36 cal. Cherry Kibler small game rifle. Squirrel accurate to about 65 yards. Kibler does make good guns. Finished by me.
IMG_4783.JPG

Lastly, this is 3 of my roosters. I call them The 3 Stooges.
IMG_4990.JPG

Last edited:
Dave_person, Masterful workmanship. The barrels on the matched set of pistols look like they have a twist pattern. Were originals ever artificially etched to simulate Damascus or wire twist barrels? Fourth photo down.

I'm looking at this Traditions kit to have my first flintlock. They finally have it in stock at Midway but I'm a bit short on funds so I'm trying to decide if I should spend the money. I have the Traditions Kentucky percussion and really enjoy it.
IMG_9808.jpg

I've always loved flintlock pistols and rifles. I've got a .45 Cal Kentucky pistol that I built from a kit in high school and a .50 Cal that I bought from Pedersoli in the 1990's and added a single set trigger. I shoot them all the time. Bill

Attachments

• PistolLoadingStand1.jpeg
    PistolLoadingStand1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 0.45FlintKentuckyPistol.jpeg
    0.45FlintKentuckyPistol.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 0.50FlintKentucyPistol.jpeg
    0.50FlintKentucyPistol.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
I went out today and shot my .50 cal Pedersoli Kentucky flintlock pistol after replacing a broken sear spring. I love it. I installed a single set trigger several years ago to lighten the pull. Bill

Attachments

• 0.50FlintKentucyPistol.jpeg
    0.50FlintKentucyPistol.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back