• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anybody going after January squirrels?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chuckled this morning...didn't go due to the rain but had 3-4 of them under the bird feeder outside the kitchen window

Roundball just open the window and shoot! My darn dogs keep the squirrels away from the house or I would have myself some fried squirrel.

blackpowderscout said:
Headed out tomorrow to try and bust some squirrels and hogs over the weekend.

Hunted deep in a Florida swamp where odd OLD Live Oaks still live. This old guy was MASSIVE...
1534317_10201138505456213_200442440_n.jpg

Saturday was stormy...
1551557_10201136655289960_122059680_n.jpg

Sunday was better...
1546433_10201141555852471_1025543264_n.jpg

Saw lots of deer, and a few hogs that didn't give me any chance for a shot. It was a fun weekend.

Outstanding !!!
There are more squirrels in your photos than I've SEEN during Nov - Dec deer season !!

harleysboss said:
Im watching the Carolina game right now on tv..looks like good squirrel weather in N.C. today..get after um :)
Unfortunately, no Sunday hunting here.
But I'm all geared up for a 5:00am alarm tomorrow (Monday) and planning to be there at first light.

(What I have to watch out for though is when the electric blanket hears the 5:00am alarm, senses temps in the 20's, with a 10mph wind, its been known to get very protective...LOL)

Thanks guys. No i didnt make it. My very talented friend eric ewing made it for me. he makes them to sell as well so i can put his info up if you would like

Quick report. Three greys taken today. A few missed. One red taken. Thinking it was a grey ( tail twit hing in the fir boughs). Poor little guy. Wrong place wrong time Meat frozen for later use And...........my buddy who "came for a walk". Shot his first flintlock squirrel when i handed him my fowler. Pretty cool

Three greys taken with fowler today, last one as he was midair between trees. Brought a smile to my face. Only one bb in a hind quarter for all of them. Good luck

My brother took two with his with his pedersoli sxs.

Sounds like you have plenty around...good deal !

I brought in my last couple of blinds and a ladder stand today...will get all the gear cleaned up and squared away tomorrow, and 2013 deer season will be history.
After deer hunting non-stop since November 2nd, I need a week to catch up on some inside projects, then hope it warms up some. I like mornings best but have no interest in getting up before dark in below freezing weather for a squirrel...with any luck the following week might be warmer and I may be able to get back out before February after all, we'll see.

Congratulations on a good day...

I never wake up for squirrel anymore. They move well midday here when its cold so ill happily wait

armymedic.2 said:
I never wake up for squirrel anymore. They move well midday here when its cold so ill happily wait
That's what I plan to do....show up about 9:00-9:30 instead of first light and poke around for 2-3 hours

Latest posts

Back