• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A package arrives from Poland

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My experience is I bought a wheel lock mechanism which I think someone tried to fit to a musket during the English civil war, c1650. He had the problem I mentioned and failed :shocked2:

I also have an ECW barrel c1640 and I thought I might try and bring the two together, but I am not sure it is possible.

Unlike yours, my axle is in the way of the barrel. The bridle is a disaster :(

However I do have a whale spouting on the part that holds the pyrites so it isn't all bad :grin:

wheelsnag.jpg

raszpla said:
it looks good - but I wonder how the detail in the picture ?

It is a mess, he moved the pivot point down, tilting the axle.

I would appreciate it if you could you guess a date and a country of origin.

Robin

wheely.jpg

This is a good mechanism wheellock - I think it is about 1600 years. This mechanism should it fit for each barrel of a musket!
I do not understand why you had a problem with the installation.
you take a photo with the other hand, the mechanism? :wink:

mechanism needs some work - but it's a good mechanism (probably Germany)

oierg7.jpg

That's it :thumbsup:

I think he was trying to make it fit a musket.

Also something is missing where the pan screws on. There is a gap.

Unfortunately - I do not understand the meaning of the words (do not understand the meaning of sentences)

Squire Robin said:
oierg7.jpg

That's it :thumbsup:

I think he was trying to make it fit a musket.

Also something is missing where the pan screws on. There is a gap.

These defects - it is to repair

This is a good, valuable mechanism - it is worth to fix it

This may be even 1580 years - show picture from the other side

Here is the repair and reconstruction of defects of another mechanism wheellock (about 1590 years)-->> https://www.facebook.com/bolek.mac...58867125374.1073741846.100001438015344&type=3

Last edited by a moderator:
actually - the image of the page is sad - but the mechanism is a good model for reconstructing - ( about 1600 years )

BillinOregon said:
Robin, the lines of the top jaw of the cock are most pleasing. That's a nice artifact!

He put 3 wheel locks for auction, I bought what I thought was pretty one :thumbsup:

Do you think I should ask Raszpla to look at it and give me a price to fix it? We are both in the European Union so there is no problem with customs.

I hesitate because I'm getting my first grand daughter for Christmas and I think that might be expensive.

Back