• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A different breech plug.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is just rough try working it with Maroon Scotchbrite.

If you want to use it for another purpose I would cut off the tang and weld a nut to the plug. It should come right out. That would save rethreading, if the threads are a common size. I'd then use a normal breech plug and tang.

If it is just rough try working it with Maroon Scotchbrite.

If you want to use it for another purpose I would cut off the tang and weld a nut to the plug. It should come right out. That would save rethreading, if the threads are a common size. I'd then use a normal breech plug and tang.

That's pretty much the plan except for the welding of the nut. That would be a perfect solution but I don't weld and don't want to trust someone to do it. Going to try making the big screw driver and apply with the brace.

A week in a good penetrating oil wouldn’t need too much. Drain and heat barrel. Then with a properly ground screwdriver, preferably cinched up in either a brace or drill press, give it all you’ve got. I’d twist it both ways, back and forth, to help break it loose. Probably a metric thread. Good luck!

You could purchase a endoscope camera, not that expensive.

I'm thinking that I will be acquiring a scope. So much more useful than bore lights.

Meanwhile!! A complete change of direction. Today I had time to really dig into this barrel. Some interesting things. First off, I left the barrel with a huge shot of WD40 over th past few days. Today I went at it with super hot water. Hot water isn't my cleaning method but I was having suspicions that the problem might be solidified grease. Turns out that it was. And it cleaned up nicely with wiping and brushing. I don't think it has ever been fired.

Also noticed that the twist rate was fast. No absolute measurement yet but guessing between 1:18 and 1:22! I was going to make it left handed plinker for a granddaughter but now it's going righty as a light weight bullet gun.

Need a new plan for the granddaughter now.

Latest posts

Back