• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

62 bore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boker

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a 54 caliber T/C renegade, would it be possible to have a 62 caliber smoothbore barrel fitted to it and if so what’s the best approach to doing so?

Id like to have a gun I can hunt large and small game with. Mostly deer, turkey and squirrels.

the .56 will handle the deer and the squirrels with no problems. If you're a lot better turkey hunter than me, it can do for them too.

the .56 will handle the deer and the squirrels with no problems. If you're a lot better turkey hunter than me, it can do for them too.
It may not be legal for turkey as some jurisdictions require a 20 bore minimum
The 24 bore size was popular in the old days and made a lot of turkey dinners

Ability can't be legislated, so the powers that be feel they must outlaw calibers and gages that are inadequate for some but perfectly fine in capable hands.

have a 54 caliber T/C renegade, would it be possible to have a 62 caliber smoothbore barrel fitted to it and if so what’s the best approach to doing so?
Yes, this is the exact barrel I built my trade gun from. If you're going to make it a switch barrel gun, you can drill and ream it leaving a 1/4 inch of the original bore at the breech(did just that for another guy), so that you can retain the original breech plug. You need the stock shoulder in the barrel for the breech plug to seal against.
Luck with your project.

Latest posts

Back