• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

40 Kibler SMR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
here is a 40 Kibler SMR i finished up yesterday. i will work on zeroing it in tomorrow. i put on a rear peep that goes into the dovetail, don't know if i will like it or not. if not i will put on the sight that came with it. i also put on a thicker front sight i have one on my 45 and i do like it, you can see it better.
40 cal 1.jpg
40 cal 12.jpg
40 cal 3.jpg
40 cal 4.jpg
40 cal 5.jpg
40 cal 6.jpg
40 cal 7.jpg
40 cal 8.jpg
40 cal 10.jpg
40 cal 11.jpg

i finished the wood with my homemade ferric nitrite. then a coat of lye water followed by chambers original oil, then a couple of coats of earth paint natural varnish then rubbed back with 0000 wool then rubbed with my homemade wax,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Gorgeous figure in the stock and great darker contrast! WOW! 👀😍👌

One day…

Absolutely fine work sir!

I want just that rifle at some point. Not Need…just Want. But I keep going back and forth between 40 and 36. Love my 40’s…they do anything. Rabbits to hogs. But that sweet 36 bore keeps singing to me…
i hear there is a sweet 36 on the forum in firearms for sale section:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back