• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

40 Kibler SMR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is a 40 Kibler SMR i finished up yesterday. i will work on zeroing it in tomorrow. i put on a rear peep that goes into the dovetail, don't know if i will like it or not. if not i will put on the sight that came with it. i also put on a thicker front sight i have one on my 45 and i do like it, you can see it better. View attachment 261027View attachment 261037View attachment 261029View attachment 261030View attachment 261031View attachment 261032View attachment 261033View attachment 261034View attachment 261035View attachment 261036
Excellent work and beautiful finish, well done.

here is a 40 Kibler SMR i finished up yesterday. i will work on zeroing it in tomorrow. i put on a rear peep that goes into the dovetail, don't know if i will like it or not. if not i will put on the sight that came with it. i also put on a thicker front sight i have one on my 45 and i do like it, you can see it better. View attachment 261027View attachment 261037View attachment 261029View attachment 261030View attachment 261031View attachment 261032View attachment 261033View attachment 261034View attachment 261035View attachment 261036
That is very nice! What grade of wood is that?

Excellent job, olskool. The detail is amazing and the stock just pops! I need to look into that blueing process. Wow, I wish I had the patience you have to get to that kind of results. đź‘Ť

i have not done enough testing to know. but i zeroed it in with 50gr. of 3f goex. my other custom 40 will shoot one hole off the bench with 55gr. of same powder. it likes a hot load. here is a group after sight in from my other 40, it says on the card 4 shots, i think it was actually 5 shots,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
40 group.jpg

i have not done enough testing to know. but i zeroed it in with 50gr. of 3f goex. my other custom 40 will shoot one hole off the bench with 55gr. of same powder. it likes a hot load. here is a group after sight in from my other 40, it says on the card 4 shots, i think it was actually 5 shots,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,View attachment 261585
Good shooting! It appears mine groups best around 40 gr. 3F, .018 patch, bear grease and .395 ball, but I'm still tweaking it. Stiffer load is still cutting patches.

Good shooting! It appears mine groups best around 40 gr. 3F, .018 patch, bear grease and .395 ball, but I'm still tweaking it. Stiffer load is still cutting patches.
if you want different results with no swabbing after endless shooting, mix 40% dawn dish soap 60% water, soak the patch and load and things will change for the better. the only time i use grease/beeswax is when deer hunting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

if you want different results with no swabbing after endless shooting, mix 40% dawn dish soap 60% water, soak the patch and load and things will change for the better. the only time i use grease/beeswax is when deer hunting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Do you dry the patches before use, or do you use them damp (if damp, I assume you squeeze out all the excess)?

Latest posts

Back