• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

32 cal stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooter303

32 Cal.
Reaction score
i have an old Stevens 32 rim fire barrel that has a breech plug installed and a touch hole liner.i am now looking for a pre shaped stock with a barrel channel roughed in. the barrel is 13/16 at the breech and tapers to 3/4 where i want the for end to end.don't need nothing fancy. does anyone know where i can obtain such a stock? hopefully i have this in the right forum category.

would be a lotto win to find something like this done.....more chances to just cut and dry a blank, or pay $$$ to get one from dunlaps wood to you up there.........
:hmm:
marc

Call Tip Curtis & ask him what he has precarved for a 3/4" barrel. Then if it will work, inlet your tapered barrel into it.
Tip is at 615-654-4445

Keith Lisle

Try Dunlaps & ask them if they have a stock cut for a 3/4 barrel. Or Pecatonica might have one.

Some won't ship out of the USA because if it gets broken, the shipper has an issue to deal with & it is more
hassle than worth with the amount of profit in a precarved stock.

And filing a claim can be a PITA too when it goes out of the USA.

Keith Lisle

Track and most of the other big houses ship to Canada no problem whatsoever, they do have some non-inlet stocks you could use. I'll add that shipping costs are no worse than within Canada for the most part.

A lot of stuff is cheaper stateside than buying Canadian, in my experience anyway.

Not sure if you're aware (or if you just got the barrel) but "(re)loading" for the .32 Rimfire is entirely possible (big threads on this on some other forums) and I do it myself. That's just a side note - I like this idea to convert it into a muzzleloader, be interested to hear the results.

i got the barrel a few yrs ago with some other parts. so a friend put a breech plug in it and threaded it for a touch hole liner. one of these days i will get it built.i figure it will take a 295 or 300 patched round ball. where in in bc are you?

Yes .295" maybe even smaller - I can't recall off the top of my head what my Stevens slugged out at but I'm shooting lead sized at .310" or so IIRC (I'm out of town for a few days so can't confirm that).

A lot of the early Favorites around with the tilting-style breech blocks that are looser than is recommended to shoot, this is a nice idea to put them to use.

I'm in the Terrace area - yourself?

mine slugged around 310. one day i will get it built. i am in salmon arm. never been to terrace. been to kitwanga on my way to stewart.

Latest posts

Back