• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1851 Navy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Charlie

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I just ordered one! Don't know why , I don't need another gun,But I just had to have one. :surrender:
Old Charlie

It's an illness, I have two 51's, two 61's and another brace of cartridge converted 51's and am always looking for more.

Old Charlie said:
I just ordered one! Don't know why , I don't need another gun,But I just had to have one. :surrender:
Old Charlie

Funny how that happens. :haha:

Don't worry you're not alone. I started the same way & now I have 2 '51s, 2 '58s (bison), & a 3rd model Dragoon.All of em happen to be 44 cal which gives me an excuse to get a few 36 cals :wink: . Be careful, The C&B flu is REALLY EASY to catch!

Over 30 years I have accumulated 16 handguns and 6 long guns of the c&b variety. I have learned to live with the guilt, so any of you that are not sleeping well can send them to me and I'll see they get a good home.

There, now wasn't that easy?

Yes,you have it also.
Some call it an illness, and others call it an addiction.
I sought help through F/A, Firearms Anonymous.
It didn't help much.
We just set around and talk about our gun purchases.
:wink:

Tell me about it. One paterson was not enough...
my '51 short barrel and two Remmys,,even my '62
seemed loney,,,or maybe it was just me...naw..

Charlie, What you mean you don't need another gun.
There's no such thing as having too many guns, especially the black powder type. :v

I have a 3rd model dragoon, a Whitneyville Dragoon,a Walker, two '51 Navies, a '60 Army, three Remingtons,a '62 Police and....I....can't remember all the rest right now but there's a lot.
Plus several originals. Never have enough guns!
Lifes too short to deprive oneself of the finer things in life! Go for it and enjoy!! Let us know how you like it after you put a few pounds of lead thru 'er.

Best to ya, :thumbsup:

Dryball (in name only)

I have 2 1860 colt snubbies, 1 1862 snubby a ASM 1851 colt 5 inch sherriff model and 1858 target model, 2 1858 5 1/2 barrel and the Charcol blue frame shooters model with the gunfighter grips. Almost forgot my 31 cal remmy and 31 cal colt thats all of them I think. I love them guns.

Back