• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

#11 percussion caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickt300

32 Cal
Reaction score
Last year I used my TC Encore because I could not find any #11 caps for my Renegade. I found one place that has a $40. hazmat fee, limit two but out of stock! Any local Texas retailers have them on the shelf?

I've got someone out of state looking. Still no luck.

Travelers did have them but are sold out. I check Powder Valley, Grafs and Mid South several times a day. I’m getting low but am patient, for now.

I picked a heck of a time to get back into muzzleloading. Guess the half tin I found in my box o' random gun stuff will have to last for a while.

I’ve got a word for ya Gentleman-
F
Lin
T
Lo
C
K
I’ve got a small stockpile of #11s for the cap rifles I have- yet if I want to go have some fun at the range, I’ll be taking my Flintlock and randomly shoot the cap guns.

I’ve got a word for ya Gentleman-
F
Lin
T
Lo
C
K
I’ve got a small stockpile of #11s for the cap rifles I have- yet if I want to go have some fun at the range, I’ll be taking my Flintlock and randomly shoot the cap guns.

And we have a word for you…..

WRONG SECTION

:D :D

I’m planning on getting one soon after all this.

I picked a heck of a time to get back into muzzleloading. Guess the half tin I found in my box o' random gun stuff will have to last for a while.

I'm in the same boat and probably have 60 caps left over from 30 years ago. When I started my .40 build I ordered a percussion lock with the stock and hardware, they sent a flintlock. Instead of returning it I decided to keep it and ordered a percussion lock. This way I can shoot even if caps don't exist.

T
To bad you don't live close to me. I have several hundred caps, mostly RWS, and don't shoot percussion anymore. I would give them away if I knew anyone in need.

Doesn't anyone look ahead anymore? Caps are out there.
Just have to look and have some $$ stashed for the occasion.

wm

Until January building a muzzloader wasn't on my radar. I'll shoot the caps I have and if needed install the flintlock. I'm not paying stupid prices for caps, there is plenty of other stuff to shoot.

I found some #10s at Bass pro but no #11s to be found. There's a guy on YouTube called Sharpshooter that sells a kit for making your own caps out of beer cans. He sells a punch and some magic powders that you mix together and it makes priming compound.

I'm mechanically challenged and they worked for me.

I’ve got thousands in 11’s 10’s and RWS 1075’s. I ran a WTS, want to trade, for 4 wing musket caps. (deleted by the mods as a violation) Guess no one lives near Charlotte County Florida. Can’t mail the bloody things.

Last year I used my TC Encore because I could not find any #11 caps for my Renegade. I found one place that has a $40. hazmat fee, limit two but out of stock! Any local Texas retailers have them on the shelf?
Not that I’ve found

I’ve got thousands in 11’s 10’s and RWS 1075’s. I ran a WTS, want to trade, for 4 wing musket caps. (deleted by the mods as a violation) Guess no one lives near Charlotte County Florida. Can’t mail the bloody things.
New to the forum. Why was your post a violation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back