• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Common ML things that drive you nuts...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
riarcher said:
Someone with a new Inline tells me how wrong I am for hunting with a Musket! :cursing:

Inlines tick me off. They shouldn't be allowed to be used in primitive weapons season. There's nothing primitive about them and now Ms. lets ya put a frickin scope on them and they won't let me use my 45-70 trapdoor springfield loaded with bp. That's a heckuva lot more primitive than a scope mounted inline.

We don't discuss inlines here folks.
If this turns into an inline this, and inline that I'm going to lock the thread.

:nono:

HD

Common ML things that drive me nuts?~ Shooting a 5 Shot Competition Match. 4 shots showing grouping in the 9 and 10 rings, and ONE (1) STINKING SHOT IN THE 5 RING.

I get irked when my friend with a "more modern" type of muzzle loader :cursing: tries to convince me to mod my rifle to accept #209 primers so I can load pellets instead of that old fashioned powder.
Dave

Ticks tick me off but Black Powder anything is great with the exception of going to a BP show and finding a table with plastic beads and pink feathers trying to make a pipe look good. :cursing:

Superflint said:
What is it that you would not do, that may be a common thing for other people? Related to ML shooting, that is. :haha:

I would never insist, impose, or strongly recommend that a newbie or other shooter use the same equipment and supplies and load exactly as I do!! I always keep alert for improvement, but to be dogmatically told I should be using this or that is unrealistic. After thirty years, I have explored or heard many of those possibilities!

Another example: when my gun goes off with a resounding crack, others will question the amount of powder I use. THEN, I hear how effective they are with about half the load. Yes, it works for them........not for me......... especially at 100 yards! (I could never master the lob-em-in factor.)

TexiKan

Broke a needle file on another project once. Rather than throw it away, I dropped it in my possibles sack to tighten the jaw screw. Fit just right and worked great.

Old Coot

Well it is sometimes annoying when I'm shooting the flinter at the range and someone asks me if I can shoot sabots or use Triple 7 pellets :shake:

But its cool when people admire the wood and craftsmanship, then eagerly accept when I ask them if they would like to shoot it :)

well you took my big one. first we all are not pc we own guns. it should be hc historic correct.
second part is going to a shoot and hearing the aurgument over what is and is not hc.

going to a shoot at a club and some guys there shooting in their m.l. then when the shoot starts they watch for a while then go home. will not buy a target and support their own club.

going to a shoot and a newbe has a problem.[no problemwith that part] but then some guy with more war stories then a 5 star gen. helping him with the rifle pointed at me or some other shooter.

Latest posts

Back