• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Zelle or PayPal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I see requests for these payment options from a seller concerning a firearm, it sets off alarm bells in my head. IMHO the best payment option for both buyer and seller is a USPS money order. Has any one ever successfully used these options without getting ripped off?

Why are we even having this conversation over a rapid anti firearms outfit?
Doesn't their terms of service say no firearms transactions?

Here's the thing.
I don't care if PayPal liked or doesn’t like guns or the second amendment. I don't even care if their user policy forbids use of PayPal for transactions involving guns or things gun related. I don't agree with them, but, it is their business.
They have every right to say, "you can't use our payment service for that."
But, I don't see how they can hold the funds of someone just associated with someone else who violated that policy. I don't see how they can lock the account amd hold the funds of someone without explanation and an investigation that includes asking questions of the effected party.

Who cares if they don't like guns, ***, THC, or XYZ! I'm quite sure there are a lot of people running, and working for, PayPal who are involved with things we don't like. It's their business! So? Don't do business with them.

I have had my pay pal account hacked three times. I shut it down and will never use it. Their security SUCKS. I’d rather send a check to the person selling the firearm of my desires and wait for it to clear. If you demand paypal wwe will not be doing any business together.

I have had my pay pal account hacked three times. I shut it down and will never use it. Their security SUCKS. I’d rather send a check to the person selling the firearm of my desires and wait for it to clear. If you demand paypal wwe will not be doing any business together.
Kinda narrows it down quite a bit.

wm

I guess I’m the lucky one. Bought some stuff from Gunbroker, always checked the sellers rating ( it can be faked yes!) and had no issues. Have used PayPal for years and have no issues at all. I bought a crapload of 45 Colt brass from a company that actually had “ bullets “ in their name from Gunbroker WITH PayPal. Not a peep or issue and since I checked their rating ? Got it halfway across the country in 3 days. Even bought primers couple months back. Yes I paid out the bazzoo. But I wanna shoot and they were middle is the road price wise. PayPal. 5 days including weekend. Now I get adds from them every day!
I guess each his own. I know people where will chastise me for PayPal. But my experience is mine. And I don’t doubt for a second that your experience is true also.
It’s like marriage. Works for some- some get buried. Just saying..
Now let’s go make smoke and tell lies how good we shot ...

Even if PayPal works. Even if some have slipped some transactions through despite their policies.

Why, would anyone pro 2A do business with them?
I kinda like Elon Musk, you don't pay PP any money using F&F and it's handy for many things if used carefully.
I also tend to avoid cutting off my nose to spite my face...which is in trouble enough as it is.

wm

When we exchanged info, both of us have over 600 posts on here, exchange phone numbers and agree on money movement to both our satisfactions back channel why not use em. Sorry but you have 4 posts and i will not give you the same courtesy. Jim and i were both taken aback by the policy that paypal implemented. This was nothing against either of us but shocked us both. I believe the money was put on hold to protect me the buyer. Gives me many days to get my product i bought and resolve it if issues. Paypal then does not have to be a collection agency or take the loss.
It doesn’t matter if you agree. That’s my opinion and I am sticking to it

I had a PayPal and Amazon account for many years, only twice did I ever have to file a complaint and get my money back, both time it was because I never received my purchase and the seller never returned my contacts...I always ran it out to near the deadline and showed my attempts to resolve.
If I remember correctly, you have to contact seller Through PayPal so they have a copy as well.

However; I closed both my PayPal and Amazon accounts due to their anti-gun stance, did so about three years ago. I still use them as a "guest" when I absolutely have to, such as an Ebay purchase. But these days I prefer CC, Check, or MO and just be really careful who I do business with.
But all and all I always liked PayPal and never had an issue - just don't like their 'personal' values (or their selling of information) and I dont trust Amazon or their AI boxes.

I guess I’m the lucky one. Bought some stuff from Gunbroker, always checked the sellers rating ( it can be faked yes!) and had no issues. Have used PayPal for years and have no issues at all. I bought a crapload of 45 Colt brass from a company that actually had “ bullets “ in their name from Gunbroker WITH PayPal. Not a peep or issue and since I checked their rating ? Got it halfway across the country in 3 days. Even bought primers couple months back. Yes I paid out the bazzoo. But I wanna shoot and they were middle is the road price wise. PayPal. 5 days including weekend. Now I get adds from them every day!
I guess each his own. I know people where will chastise me for PayPal. But my experience is mine. And I don’t doubt for a second that your experience is true also.
Nothing but good luck and great service from Paypal

I hit a quarter, nine out of ten, at 100 yard with my .50cal flintlock....blindfolded!

It Seams like a lot of banks are offering it now as an alternative way to send funds.

It Seams like a lot of banks are offering it now as an alternative way to send funds.
That's because it's cheaper for them to pay the Zelle fees under a management contract than to process paper checks.
Zelle never gets lost in the mail and takes seconds to process instead of days or weeks like a check, bank cert check, money order, etc.....
I started using it 10 years ago, and without ever having a single issue.
Guns, clothes, lead, even a car for one of my kids.

I started using it 10 years ago, and without ever having a single issue.
So far as I can see, the issues aren't with Zelle, but with the people who use Zelle to facilitate their scams (and the people who fall for those scams). But in that respect it's the same as using a phone call to scam you or some social medium platform to scam you. Zelle is just a method of exchange -- like handing cash to someone. Or maybe more accurately, like sending someone cash in the mail. You kind of need to have confidence in who you're giving the cash too, and guard against deceptions at that level -- rather than blaming Zelle and other media of exchange. Otherwise, it's like blaming the bunch of $20 bills you gave someone who never delivered the product or service you paid for up front. But for that reason, seeing that a seller will ONLY take Zelle transactions is pretty much like seeing a seller who says "Payment only in low-denomination US currency."

Back