• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD .50 Hawken style rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
.50 caliber Hawken style, made in Italy. Double set trigger, target sights, nice stock with no cracks (looks like walnut to me). Lock functions correctly. Has some cosmetic wear near the Italian markings. This is going to be a superb rifle for someone who wants something they can take to the range and to the deer stand without worrying about damaging something rare. 29" barrel, measures 15/16" across the flats.

$225 plus shipping via US Priority.

Zelle is preferred, PayPal friend option is fine, too. Or Postal money order.

Last edited:
Photos below

Attachments

• IMG_5759.jpeg
    IMG_5759.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5760.jpeg
    IMG_5760.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5761.jpeg
    IMG_5761.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5762.jpeg
    IMG_5762.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5763.jpeg
    IMG_5763.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5764.jpeg
    IMG_5764.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5765.jpeg
    IMG_5765.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5766.jpeg
    IMG_5766.jpeg
  • IMG_5768.jpeg
    IMG_5768.jpeg
  • IMG_5771.jpeg
    IMG_5771.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I tried to get some decent photos of the bore.

Attachments

• IMG_5758.jpeg
    IMG_5758.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5757.jpeg
    IMG_5757.jpeg
    852.1 KB · Views: 0
Look like vice marks? Excellent deal, those can be tack drivers and YEP thats the one to chase yer raghorn with!

Perhaps, but the blemishes aren't deep at all, not like you'd expect from vise jaws. I suspect it is areas of pitting, perhaps when someone hunted with it and a bit of blood was left on the metal. You really can't feel it much.

I think someone used steel wool to clean it, so the pitting looks to be in the white. I think some cold blue touch up would probably help a lot.

Reduced price now... someone can use this, for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_5769.jpeg
    IMG_5769.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • markings.jpeg
    markings.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The patch box reminds me of an InvestArms I used to have.
Nice shooter
Jappo, very good eye. I think these stocks, locks, barrels and brass fixtures were mostly the same, and used by a variety of makers. In fact, I believe this may actually be an InvestArms rifle. I looked up "American Eagle Arms Co N.Y." and it seems they were simply a retailer. They stamped the guns with their name and sold them, but this is probably virtually identical to any of the InvestArms rifles we all know. In fact, I once had a "Charles Daly" that was also an InvestArms rifle. For that matter, "InvestArms" was not really a maker, either, but an importer & distributor. The rifle itself was made by Gardone, per the proof marks in the last photos.

Last edited:
Jappo, very good eye. I think these stocks, locks, barrels and brass fixtures were mostly the same, and used by a variety of makers. In fact, I believe this may actually be an InvestArms rifle. I looked up "American Eagle Arms Co N.Y." and it seems they were simply a retailer. They stamped the guns with their name and sold them, but this is probably virtually identical to any of the InvestArms rifles we all know. In fact, I once had a "Charles Daly" that was also an InvestArms rifle.
Cabelas has their name on the InvestArms. Mine was a cabelas.

Invest Arms is a maker. Gardone is a place in Italy. The gun in question is not an Invest Arms but was made by Ranson .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back