• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Your Favorite (poll)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ebiggs said:
This might be fun.
Here are the rules:
You can have ONLY one. No “also”, or “or”, or “plus”, or “and”, nothing additional just one. No, depends on the situation or circumstances.

Your favorite flintlock.
Your favorite load.
Your favorite cleaning method, and
your favorite place.

Don’t break the rules just one and only one of each item.
Remember there are no right or wrong answers just what would be your choice.
Mine are”¦”¦”¦
My 50 cal TC Hawken that I made.
70 grs of GOEX with .490 Bore Butter patched round ball.
Very hot water and Rem oil.
Right here in eastern Kansas.
EB
My favorite flintlock is Chambers Round-Faced English Flintlock.
L-12.gif

My favorite load is 80 2F, .015 pillow ticking, .600 ball in a smoothbore I built 20 years ago.

My favorite cleaning method is swab with water & dish soap. Wipe til dry then a quick shot of WD40.

My favorite place is Awesome Island. It's a small island with a nice sandy beach on the lake I live on. BTW, my children dubbed it Awesome Island. It has no name and is owned by the lake property owners association where I reside.

My favorite flinter is my 36 cal blue ridge with 40 grains of fff goex . cleanup with warm water maybe a little dish soap then a coat of olive oil . my favorite place is right out my back door to about 200 acres .

Favorite rifle TVM Early Virginia Rifle .54 Longhammock half round barrel. Load .534 ball ticking patch mink oil lube 65 gr 3f. Cleaning hot water dish soap bore butter lube.

1803 Harper's Ferry, Navy Arms, 58 cal, Lock reworked by Carroll Fincher.
.570 RB with .010 patch semidry Moose Milk, 60 gr KIX 3F, 2 gr GOEX 7F prime.
Hot water and/or Moose Milk, Ballistol.
:wink: Anywhere traditionalists gather.

TVM Late Lancaster (Matt & Toni) >36 cal. .351 round ball with .010 pillow ticking and spit. 27 grs of 3f GOEX and 4f GOEX prime. Tap H2O and xx virgin olive oil. Anywhere on the Blue Ridge where there are squirrels to be had. Vern

P.S. Matt and Toni, thank you for such a great rifle. Got over 90 tree rats w/ it (so far). :thumbsup:

My favorite flintlock, .62 cal early Reading(Berks Co)Built by me
006.jpg

Favorite load- .600 cast round ball 22thou patch mink oil lube 100gr charge Swiss 2f

Flush with room temp tap water followed by cleaning patches till clean and dry then a bear oil patch

Anywhere I'm huntin with my flinter and good friends.

Welp,I just started so this is how I do it now.
T/C Hawkens 50cal.
65 grains 3f
.015 drill w/8-1 ratio Balistol 490" round ball cut at the muzzel
hot water&couple of drops of detergent fresh hot water for the rinse.
Mountains of central Pa.

[favorite flintlock.] - Austin & Halleck Mountain Rifle

[favorite load.] - 325gr conical over 90gr Goex FFFg

[favorite cleaning method] - Moose Milk

[favorite place.] - Marlboro Country :grin:

GPR 54 cal i rebuilt, 90gr ffg, ffffg pan primer, .018 ticking, 535 cast ball, l&r lock, davis triggers, murphys oil soap and water for target and cleaning, stumpys moose snot or teflon ticking for hunting. my friends 80 acre farm i have all to myself in southwest Pa.

Back