• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Your Favorite (poll)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on give us your story.
Well....I did already post my favorite. But if I had to choose only one flintlock to keep (per the other way of looking at this) it would be my TVM .62 Fowler.
I am still learning to shoot it, learning what it likes and all that goes with that.
The experience of the men on this forum is what I relied on when deciding whether or not to acquire a fowler. There were a lot of posts and back and forth before I picked up the one I have from Matt Avance. (I even made up a "try gun" and walked in the grouse cover that I hunt so as to see whether I could maneuver it) Now I want another - saving up those nickels and dimes.
Pete

I would have liked to see more Pictures of all these fine rifles.
Posting pics isn't very hard, unless you have dial-up :cursing:

No, it seats with a tap on the short starter, then rams home with the rod with out any problem. I think this Green Mountain barrel must be a little oversize. Also I use pure lead balls, so they are soft. Anyway, it shoots very well.

See ya, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

oldarmy said:
I would have liked to see more Pictures of all these fine rifles.
Posting pics isn't very hard, unless you have dial-up :cursing:

Or your camera is broken, like mine! :idunno:

40 cal.Isaac Haines 42in.Rice Swamped, Small Siler lock
55gr.3F,395 ball with ticking patch
Hornady One Shot followed by Barricade
Adirondack Mts. NY

ebiggs said:
This might be fun.
Here are the rules:
You can have ONLY one. No “also”, or “or”, or “plus”, or “and”, nothing additional just one. No, depends on the situation or circumstances.

Your favorite flintlock.
Your favorite load.
Your favorite cleaning method, and
your favorite place.

Don’t break the rules just one and only one of each item.
Remember there are no right or wrong answers just what would be your choice.
Mine are”¦”¦”¦
My 50 cal TC Hawken that I made.
70 grs of GOEX with .490 Bore Butter patched round ball.
Very hot water and Rem oil.
Right here in eastern Kansas.
EB
my favorite flintlock is my bethllehem style 50 cal.
castlerock015copy-1.jpg

for target shooting i use 60 gr of fffg, hunting i use 100-120gr of fffg with a 490 rb.

for cleaning i pour soapy water down the barrel and let it soak for 30 minutes and patch till clean.

favorite place, well big bear california

Virgina iron mount .40 with 42in. bbl
40grs. 3f Goex .395rb cast or Hornady pillow tick
cut at the muzzle using bore butter
clean with murphys,rubbing alcohol peroxide mix
family farm in Monroe co. WV.

T/C .50 Flintlock Renegade. The rifle was a high school graduation gift from my parents in 1983. It has a 32" 1/66 twist barrel that I bought from Fox Ridge Outfitters in 1988.

Favorate load is 100 grains Goex 2F black powder, an Ox-yoke pre-lubed wonder wad over the powder, a .015 patch lubed with T/C Natural 1000 lube and a .490 round ball. This load completely contradicts anyone that thinks only light loads can be extremely accurate.

Hot soapy water to clean and I swab the barrel with T/C Natural lube for storage.

I currently live in Oklahoma, but home is where the heart is and the woods I wondered as a boy growing up in NW Pennsylvania will always be my favorate place.

Brian

My 28 gauge Caywood trade gun

.530 rb patched with .018 ticking over 70 gr. Fff Battle Powder

Cool water and a little elbow grease

The Bob

Finnwolf said:
Dunlap Isaac Haines Lancaster flinter, curly stock, .54 cal 39 inch Rice Barrel.

85 gr Goex 2F, .530 roundball, .020 oiled patch

Boiling water, ivory soap and Ballistol lube

The beautiful, snowy whitetail mountains/woods of PA

Photos????

Hainesfinishedphoto002.jpg

Hainesfinishedphoto015.jpg

Hainesfinishedphoto007.jpg

I'm a little slow but i want to play too!

.50 T/C Renegade

65grns FFFG Goex in the bore,Primed with FFFFG Goex

Clean up with WW fluid ,denatured alcohol,Then swabbed inside & out with Barricade or Sheath

The new farm in upper middle Tn. its got lots of room to shoot! :thumbsup:

Fun poll
T/C 54 cal.
70 grains FF, FFF in pan
Hot water with a little soap, rinse with hot water, Wonder lube.
SW PA

Lyman Left hand GPR w/ 54 bbl,[my only flinter]
60 grs GOEX 2Fg, WallyMart ticking w/ Moose Milk
Bucket of hot tap water w/ dish soap, then Ballistol
Five Springs Draw, in NW Colorado [6x6 bull, B&C 383, 1998]

White Fox

IMG_0077-1.jpg

This is .54 rifle 44" swamped round bottom Rice. Chambers lock hedgegrove triggers. It likes a .530 ball .020 Texas Patch and 100 grs. of Wano 3F. I use 4F Null B in the pan. Its little brother lkes some thing lighter. :)

Most of us have more than one M/L rifle. But there is always that "Go to Rifle". It just always seems to be ready to go. Like an old friend or a good Dog. :)
IMG_0078.jpg

ebiggs said:
Your favorite flintlock.
Your favorite load.
Your favorite cleaning method, and
your favorite place.

.50 cal. J. Dickert
70 gr. Swiss FF; lubed felt wad; .490 RB; .018 ticking
Ballistol
Wherever my family is... I am fond of northern New England.

.62 Tulle, built by Ron Gueldner
80gr FFF, .600 Ball. .015 patch
Hot Water/ Wonder lube
Big stand of mixed alder/ fir in Lewis County, WA
(That's as close as you get)

Traditions Kentucky .50
70gr 3F Goex, .018 pillow tick lubed with either bore butter or elk tallow.
Warm soapy water followed up by a shot of windex and then some Montana X-treme gun oil.
miscshooting300xtp-260nosler038.jpg

Favorite place? Where ever the game is, thats my favorite place

:thumbsup:
Sept2009012.jpg

Latest posts

Back