• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Wrong barrel in stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesthomas

70 Cal.
Reaction score
I got a E-Mail from a friend today with some bad news. Instead of the Griffin Profile barrel he ordered for his fowler kit Pecatonica he received some generic barrel that had no taper on the 1 inch at the breach 12 inch Octagon part instead of 1.25 inch breach with a 14 inch Tapered Octagon. So just a heads up and make double sure what you ordered is what you will get. I betcha the "Griffin Fowler Profile" part didn't even register with them.

Suggest to your friend that he call Pecatonica River and talk to Dick Greensides.

Dick has always helped me with anything that wasn't right with the things his company shipped.

A look at the barrels Pecatonica River lists does not show a "Griffin Fowler Profile" as one that's available from them. Is your friend sure they agreed to supply one?

Muzzleloader Builder's Supply does list a 28 guage "Griffin Fowler Profile"e

He is going to call them this morning to talk about it, according to him they said they had one in stock and would use it in the kit that he ordered, This barrel weighs 4 1/4lbs.!!. The invoice just says 42" Colerain Oct. to Rd. Barrel but there are no markings anywhere on the barrel. I have a 38" Colerain Fowler barrel and it has Colerain's address and the what gauge it is stamped on it.

Pecatonica are good guys, I'm sure they'll honor it.

Question for you guys...I've got a 42" Griffin in a 20 gauge. The breech is pretty wide. Do any of you know who will inlet the barrel other than Knob Mountain? They are booked out pretty far and I don't want to wait.

Hey Marc, not sure I follow the question, but I don't have the barrel in maple nor do I have a blank. Checking the barrel specs again, I think the width of the breech won't be a problem at 1.125". I just need to get the thing in a stock. Ideas?

i was just thinking.......if you had the barrel, and the blank i might be able to lay it in....i use my 'rail/router' method.....it takes me about a hour to lay it out, then route the channel.....but it needs to be a blank to take the screws........plus have the barrel for my measurements(sans breach plug)

if it's already profiled and thinned....then its gonna be by hand.... :shake:

and tomtom cant hold a chisel...he has no thumbs.

marc n tomtom

Ah, I see where you were going with that! I sure do appreciate it. I'd need to get a blank, and I was actually thinking walnut as it will be a fowler...

oooooo..........maple is all i will workin anymore...the walnut and cherry dust is ruff on me and tomtoms lungs..... :shake:

marc n tomtom

Back